Warning for Apple leather case!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I take leather case off often. Hold phone upside down glass towards you. Then press the bottom corners down from the front of the phone with other fingers on middle of back pushing on phone. Once those bottom corners are off the rest will slide out easy enough.

No damage or struggle at all. I wonder if a 'tool' of some sort was inserted that caused damage.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes i know, but the tight fit along with the hard leather frames really will scratch the phone putting it in and out rubbing against the sides and corners of the phone (and the fragible glossy shiny line) i think thats the reason for causing the wear and tear

Even if the inside of the case is covered in soft material, the frames are still pretty hard leather.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the leather case for my 5S since launch. It has been put on and removed many many times... as I usually run the phone bare naked around the house, and put the case on when I go out.

I find the fit to be snug... but removal rarely takes more than 30 seconds. Pop the lower corners out first, then slide the phone down and out. The exact reversal of putting the case on.

I do not apply any pressure from the back of the phone/case. The corners of the case need to be slightly pulled to release their grip on the phone. The rest of the edges of the case actually don't hold the phone much at all. Once two of the case's corners clear the corners of the phone, it comes of really easily.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So its unlikely that the corners or the sides of the phone can get any damage or wear from the case being on and off?

Squillace

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The only explanation I can see here is that some dust managed to get into your case before you put it in your iPhone. Or maybe you got an unperfect unit and you then should contact Apple or your reseller, as mentioned by Hawk.

As widely said by various users before, the Apple case DO NOT scratches the device. I have two cases myself and none of them scratched my iPhone 5s. Not a single time. Ever.

About the tight fitting: it's true. It is tight. At the beginning. If you take it off and put it back once/twice in a while (for fun or cleaning purposes), it will become easier to manage it and it will not seem that tight anymore. It's about usure...

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So its unlikely that the corners or the sides of the phone can get any damage or wear from the case being on and off?

Unlikely, yes. The case is lined with soft material, and even the leather itself is pretty soft. Nothing about the case should be able to damage the metal of the iPhone. If you're using a tool of some sort to pry the phone out, then I could see that causing damage. If debris like dirt or abrasive material like wool or something got caught in between the case and phone, I could see that causing damage as well.

I shot this short video showing the way I get my iPhone in to and out of the Apple leather case in a few seconds.

Putting on and taking off the Apple leather case on the iPhone 5S - YouTube

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've used two apple leather cases for the past year on my 5s and iPad mini and while they got snug, if you start from the corners they come off relatively easy. I switch every 1 or two weeks and no scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would still like to see the pictures that the OP said he was going to take. I have had my apple leather case for a year now, and I take it off and put it on all the time....but I have never had an issue, nor do I see how this case could possibly scratch the phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how taking this type of case off a 5s would do any damage to the phone. If there is damage, it's from something else like the OP banging it on something while trying to get the case off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418143299.766842.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
We want pictures! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
we want pictures! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads