Verizon launch celebration: Nobody shows up

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really that shocked. I didn't expect anything near an AT&T iPhone launch for the below reasons:

1) It was already available for preorder. Most of the people that really wanted one right now were VZW users and most likely ordered online

2) It's 8 months old. So it's unlikely AT&T users will switch for this. Most of them can wait a few months and then make a decision

3) Many VZW users sitting on their upgrade to see what's coming this summer

4) In the past AT&T users didn't have many options of high end devices to compete with the iPhone so they were less content with their devices. More VZW users are content as they have had high end Androids for a while so that affects how much they desire something different.

5) IT'S COLD AS CRAP OUTSIDE IN MANY PARTS OF THE COUNTRY. Why stand in line when I can order it online and get it?

It will be interesting to see what the total numbers are between preorders and launch day.

yeah me too. Hope better than what it seems like. I like to see Apple do well

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah me too. Hope better than what it seems like. I like to see Apple do well

Well they already estimated between 500k and 1 million preorders over the last week. I think they'll do ok. Whether they sell the phone online or in the store, they still sold them LOL.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Drove by my Vz store this morning on the way to work just to see what was up.......... they had an unmanned tent set up, as many cars in the lot as normal, and all appeared quiet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD