Upgrade to the 7 plus or wait for the 8

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You can instant gratify now with known specs and details and iMore forum support...or wait another eight months for an unknown that will probably be sold out for months if you don't snag one during preorders, especially considering it's the 10th anniversary iPhone.

How do you intend on upgrading and through what carrier? With Verizon I'm eligible to upgrade if the device is 50% paid off or once a year.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If you need it now and can justify it no better time. iPhone 7S/8(or whatever they call it) will be well back ordered until 2018. So your choices are today and now or next year lol

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi what would you do? I have 6s Plus and need more memory.

Most of that memory is used by videos and photos you don't need to look at often on the phone. You can upload those to any cloud service to free up space on your iPhone.

If you're still in the need of more memory, then you should get the iPhone 7 with the larger capacity.

If you can manage to wait till September this year, then you should definitely wait.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would go for the 7 plus 128, I went from a 6s plus 64 to my jet black 7 plus 128 and not looking back. The camera is much better and I am always upgrading to the latest model. You won't regret it.

rwb

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Look at it this way, you can have the phone now (7+) or you can wait until the phone is available and hope it doesn't have any teething problems.

upandover

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
How badly do you need the memory and what for? It's a shame Apple put people in a position to have to do stuff like this for the sake of an SD slot. Who knows what's going to happen with the 8, I'd get the 7 Plus now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can instant gratify now with known specs and details and iMore forum support...or wait another eight months for an unknown that will probably be sold out for months if you don't snag one during preorders, especially considering it's the 10th anniversary iPhone.

^^^^This^^^^ outstanding answer!...

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Please use the quote option so readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks...

Sorry I just must pressed the wrong one. Thinking I did it that way.

Thanks everyone for their advise as I have had a couple of posts up. I have upgraded. Now on another plan for 2 years though ☹️
Hope it's worth it lol
Got the 256 so think I will be ok for a while 🤣🤣🤣

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi what would you do? I have 6s Plus and need more memory.

I personally would just delete some things that are not essential on my phone and free up some space. For me the cost of spending $600 or more just so i can have more space isn't worth it but if space is really important to you then it might be. :)

You will definitely be getting camera, processor and graphics improvements in the iPhone 7 so its not only spent on extra storage space. It's a pity Apple don't offer a Micro SD card. Would make things a lot easier :)

EDIT: Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 7 in 256 GB! now thats a ton of space lol.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I personally would just delete some things that are not essential on my phone and free up some space. For me the cost of spending $600 or more just so i can have more space isn't worth it but if space is really important to you then it might be. :)

You will definitely be getting camera, processor and graphics improvements in the iPhone 7 so its not only spent on extra storage space. It's a pity Apple don't offer a Micro SD card. Would make things a lot easier :)

EDIT: Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 7 in 256 GB! now thats a ton of space lol.

Yep I hope I have made the right decision. I have deleted so much but my kids like looking at the photos and things and I don't want to use heaps of data if I don't have to on accessing them.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I will guess that memory really means storage - my 6S Plus never had any resources or lack of RAM problems.

Storage is something you might be able to manage while you wait for a new phone release.

In my case the dual camera setup and water resistance were more than plenty reason for the upgrade. Kids needing new phones made it even easier. If you value photography and videography you have reasons right there.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, I was using my 7 Plus yesterday and I had the thought, "This might be the first iPhone that truly takes care of what I need." I haven't even paid attention to any possible rumors of what the 8 may bring. I'm honestly not sure what it could do that would compel me to upgrade. Of course, that can change. But the 7 Plus is a really great device. It takes a little extra money to completely buy into the vision Apple had with it (specifically a nice set of bluetooth headphones with the W1 chip). But once you're invested, it's a wonderful device. Great battery life, great camera, stable OS, nice speakers, water resistance, great screen, powerful processor and sleek color options. My personal opinion is to go for it. You definitely won't be let down. But if you're someone who HAS to have the latest and greatest then it may be in your best interests to wait.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4