Two iOS 8 bugs so far - have you experienced these?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Periodically, when I come off of the phone Sleeping by hitting TouchID, I notice the display flips to my furthest right screen of icons - never seen it do that before. I am not sure what triggers it, it seems random.

2. When I run iBooks, I am getting a random Alert that pops up "Unable to download item", try again later. I have deleted all the books but one off devices but 1 I am reading; I have n idea what it is doing, what it is trying to download, or how to fix it? This happens on my iPad Air but not on my iPhone 5s.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a device with TouchID, but other have complained similar pop-ups in regard to iBooks. I can only assume it is trying to communicate with Apple's server or its iCloud Drive or something. Hopefully, information about why it is happening will come along soon.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I don' think it has anything to do with Touch ID, as the problem occurs on my iPad Air w/o Touch ID, and works fine on iPhone 5s with Touch ID.

anon(4777221)

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
haven't had those, had this:
1. Try to play a video in browser or app and it cuts off the sound completely from the phone and requires a restart to get it to work again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2