Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
This was posted yesterday on MacRumors forum by "lw9090": "I just called tech support at 1-866-486-6866 and spoke to the PDA support and they said they were told that the TomTom app and accessories will be released on the same day at the end of the month. He could not give an exact date. That is around the same time I heard the full navigon version will be released too. I hope they are right. I have a trip planned for the 2nd week in August."

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
There still has been no leak as to a release date or pricing info.

The previews made it look great but I have a feeling it will be too darn expensive. :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have no doubt the app will be pricey ( hopefully they break it up to East and West Packages and put it around the $25 - $35 mark for each ). The car kit looks amazing and what had me very interested while watching WWDC.

mattweimer

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. That has me sold, I hope I am able to fit it on while having my case on, it looks like I won't be able to as far as the demo is concerned.

rokamortis

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to see what the pricing will be. Based on most of the other GPS apps I expect it will be expensive ... but hope it is reasonable.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I don't like breaking it into east/west. I am in Texas - if I go west, I need the west maps, if I go east, I need the east maps. I don't mind paying for both (how about an in app purchase) but only if they integrate with each other.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't like breaking it into east/west. I am in Texas - if I go west, I need the west maps, if I go east, I need the east maps. I don't mind paying for both (how about an in app purchase) but only if they integrate with each other.

I was just talking about separate map download packs, not separate apps. They would have to be fully integrated IMO.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
They said the car kit has it's own gps portion. It could work with the iPod touch

The iPhone has no satelite antenna

Historically, TomTom has the maps included, so you wouldn't need an active internet connection to use the maps. You will still need a GPS connection, and I believe that the car mount enhances the iPhone's GPS signal, not to be used as a replacement (i.e. might not work on an iPod Touch).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack