TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nEx.Software

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am an Android developer, and would love to be able to get into iPhone development as well. Of course, as we all know, developing without the intended device is risky and should be avoided. Please, help me write better iPhone Apps by giving me a device to test on...

TheBlueLeopard

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I want the new iPhone

Though the video function and other improvements made the decision easier, I want the new iPhone because I can't resist its call anymore! The App store keep turning this device into a must-have for gadget geeks like me. I knew I wanted an iPhone for awhile, I just wanted to wait for the newest version.

NickD

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just came to the iPhone 2 months ago after trying the worst phone ever (blackberry storm) I wish I would of heard about the iphoneblog before I bought the phone, I would of just waited 2 months I was right outside the return date when I heard about the new one.

Harleyman

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Being probably one of the older Iphone users (IE 64) the number #1 reason I would like to have the 32g 3G S iphone is for it's video capability. Since I always have my phone with me, I could on the spur of the moment be able to take clips of one or more of my 5 grandchildren (who range from 5yrs to 16yrs old) and be able to share the clips with their great grandmother on subsiquent trips to visit her.

ktes85

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G S give away

I am still using the first generation iPhone. About a year into owning the phone, i dropped it and cracked the screen. Ever since then I've had to duck tape the screen for it not to fall to pieces. Being a college student, i could barely afford paying the monthly bill, so getting a new phone was out of the question. If i get this phone, i would finally stop worrying if at any second my phone will shatter and i will be left with nothing.

ICEBRG168

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I would like to surprise my wife with it actually. I am fine with the current model, but part of the reason I could never get my wife to take the plunge was because the 3g didn?t support video and the still cam was less than provocative compared to some of the more affordable solutions out there. Her thing is videos and pics of the kids everywhere they go all the time! The fact that this one does video and has a better camera alone excites her; however we are not in the window to get it for $199 and cannot otherwise afford the regular price.

firelt049

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had an original iPhone for a while. I was not able to keep it as I mostly had to use my company phone on Verizon and it became a waste paying for an extra phone bill for a phone I could not use much. The iPhone was the best phone I ever used and would meet my needs perfectly today. The improvements to the 3G and 3GS make it even better. I will have one again, soon I hope...

nsis88

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Why I would like to upgrade to iPhone 3Gs

I do own the 3G 16GB Black which I bought less than a year ago but I would like to upgrade because of the known difference: video(which I very much miss from my nokias), fast processing speed, and of course the larger capacity of 32GB!

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
why?

why? for me, its the camera upgrade and faster processing speed. I use the camera for business purposes almost every day and need the better image quality. I'm also a gadgetmonster so I need it just because also...haha

ptdarkness

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had the 2G, found myself in Safari more often than anything else so when the 3G was announced I was happy to wait in line for one. With the addition of HSDPA 7.2 and the faster CPU and GPU I will also be waiting in line for the 3GS.

sass.adam

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
New Phone

I made a deal with the devil. Bought the 3g on iPhone day last year with the conditions if Apple releases a new one in 2009 I have to wait in line for her. So, I'm planning on waiting in line, but don't want her to have the better product. :)

baseballboy23ak

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I deserve the iPhone 3GS

I have had the iPhone 3G since the day it came out and waited in line for, well, quite a long time. I am a dedicated Apple fanatic and i would love to have the iPhone 3GS. It would really mean a lot to me and i would really appreciate it if i got the gift card.

mm007

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Well I went and did it, let my wife see the iPhone, now I'm stuck with my Moto Q. It is by far the dumbest smartphone I've ever seen. I have an iPod Touch (which I love) but I still have to carry that dang Q around with me everywhere. And the biggest reason I want to change...quadband. All my AT&T and T-Mobile buddies were buying local SIM cards in Iraq last deployment, and I was stuck paying for overpriced phone cards and waiting in line for an hour just to call my iPhone loving wife. But you do over hear some very interesting conversations waiting for a phone.
-dreaming of iPhone.

starwatcher

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
History of my PDA - Phones:

Had Palm Pilot, Palm Professional, Palm III, Palm V then realized PALM just did not innovate any longer. Same device, same OS, just different hardware.

Then went to Blackberry Pearl. Loved it. Small, did all the Palm did and more, like a phone. For me was revolutionary. Innovative, etc.

But when I saw the iPhone, I was like wow, great concept. Great format. Great everything, except: No copy, cut and paste and no syncing with Notes. For me those 2 things were essential.

So . . I went with the Blackberry Storm. Was just a disappointment. Nothing but crashes and other issues. I heard the iPhone had it's growing pains, but nothing like the Storm. On top of that I had to get it unlocked and use it on Rogers as I was locked into a contract.

I still have my contract from the Pearl. Still some time to go, but now that the iPhone 3Gs is out. I am like this is the phone I have been waiting for.

Finally something that is as innovative as the the first Palm Pilot. The feature list is endless. The fact it now does video, copy, cut and past and can sync my notes is exactly what I need. And the fact it has Wifi and won't cost me an arm and a leg for data charges here in Canada when I use it at home.

As I probably will have to pay a pretty penny to Rogers to get the phone because my contact is not up AND my monthly voice charge is under their minimum, I cannot really afford the $700 they are asking.

So please bring me back from the dark side and help me see the light of innovation that has been missing from my life.

Thanks,
Allan

chrisevans17

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Close, but no cigar

I have had an Instinct with Sprint since it launched. Did not have AT&T so I thought this would be a good substitute. WRONG. I need an iPhone. I am a Mac user and it is the best smart phone for Macs. There was nothing really about the 3G S that sold me, other than video, it was the timing. A new iPhone drops just under a month before my contract with Sprint is up and I can get with AT&T. It is fate. I NEED this phone. Please, please, please.

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
OK, THE biggest reason I'm going to update is: the compass. When driving around a large city, I use maps constantly. Having the map turn in the direction I'm walking/driving is sorely needed! I always have to turn the iPhone in all directions trying to get my bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.