Three-way folding smartphones likely to arrive before Apple even manages an iPhone Flip

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I cannot believe anybody is going to be crazy for any kind of folding Phone. particularly if they're old enough to remember the last ones ! They were extremely vulnerable to impact damage. I most certainly don't want a screen with a crease across it,and can't see why others would !

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe anybody is going to be crazy for any kind of folding Phone. particularly if they're old enough to remember the last ones ! They were extremely vulnerable to impact damage. I most certainly don't want a screen with a crease across it,and can't see why others would !

I believe you are right.

For context, It’s been 6 years and they are still calling anyone who gets a foldable an “early adopter”

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Well, I am. I am currently on my 3rd folding phone. Been waiting on a foldable iPhone forever.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am. I am currently on my 3rd folding phone. Been waiting on a foldable iPhone forever.

You kind have to , those foldable screens start cracking around the 15 month mark. Probably why resale value drops like a rock.

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Don't keep a phone more than 12 months. Resale value is not an Issue because I usually give them away to friends or family.