Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Ability to add widgets to home screen so I don't actually have to enter the app to see what I want to look at
Apple allows you to put "widgets" into the "Today" drop-down part that you get when you pull down from the top status bar.

If you ask me, that's a far more elegant solution when it comes to good use of the battery and CPU time. The widget isn't running all the time taking up CPU time and battery life, it only triggers the run-time of the widget when you pull down on the status bar.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple allows you to put "widgets" into the "Today" drop-down part that you get when you pull down from the top status bar.

If you ask me, that's a far more elegant solution when it comes to good use of the battery and CPU time. The widget isn't running all the time taking up CPU time and battery life, it only triggers the run-time of the widget when you pull down on the status bar.

I'm getting use to that. On Android all I have to do is unlock the phone and there everything is already updated. When I pull down the status bar on the 6+ I find that it all has to update first. Another thing I would like to see if status bar notifications without having to pull the status bar down. As for battery life my note 3 last longer then the 6+ with everything it is doing. Thank you for your reply, very helpful. As I said I am learning this new device.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
My Note 3 had absolutely horrible battery life. I didn't even have to do anything with the phone and it was eating the battery. I have no idea why but that's what was happening. I hated the thing. I couldn't go a day without charging it. Sometimes by the middle of the day I had to either plug it in or swap batteries. I never went anywhere without a spare battery on me, that's how bad it was.

When I went to battery status in the Note 3 settings I could see that it was barely sleeping and there was no way to find out what app was keeping it awake.

You can set it up so that you can access the notifications without having to unlock the iPhone.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that from some Note owners. Mine usually lasts on the upward part of 2 days between charges. When I travel I use my extended battery and get around 4.5 days depending. I'm learning day by day about the iPhone. It's a good phone. There are things that I will lay it down and grab the Note to do and vise versa.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Then you were lucky with your Note, my experience was far from what yours was. There were moments where I'd watch the battery percentage drop while I was at the home screen. There were so many, many times that I wanted to throw the thing at the wall.

Maybe it was because it was a Samsung and they were known for loading it down with a ton of bloatware but after having two Android phones that did the same thing, eat battery life, I said enough was enough and jumped ship to the iPhone. I've been loving the idea of having a phone that I don't have to practically be tethered to a wall charger.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I understand that. My wife and both my daughters have the iPhone 5s and their battery last maybe 4 to 5 hours at the most. They constantly have to have a charger with them. Both my son and myself have the 6+ and we can go all day without charging. The bloatware on android is aggravating, but I have all the turned off or deleted on mine.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
How old are those iPhone 5s models that your family members have?

You might suggest the idea of going to an Apple Store to have an Apple Genius look at their iPhones. Apparently, Apple Genius Bar technicians have access to an Extended Battery Life Test that allows them to see a detailed report of battery usage on your device. It takes only a few minutes to run and is quite comprehensive.

They might just find out that the battery itself inside the device is in need of being replaced. Most lithium ion batteries have a life of maybe a year to a year and a half. Anything past that point and you're going to see a serious drop-off in battery life.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Been there done that. All 3 batteries replaced November of 2014. I'm waiting on them to decide if they want the 6 or 6+ now...lol

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that from some Note owners. Mine usually lasts on the upward part of 2 days between charges. When I travel I use my extended battery and get around 4.5 days depending. I'm learning day by day about the iPhone. It's a good phone. There are things that I will lay it down and grab the Note to do and vise versa.

Mine is just as good except when I use my Gear S watch with it. I can always count on getting about 3 hrs and 24 hrs stanby while connected to the watch.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 5 phones, 4 of them are android. When I use iPhone I miss the customizations and flexibility of my android devices.

BoB16731

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Been on android since 1.0 I think lol iOS is a breath of fresh air I have no regrets on moving in currently looking for a buyer for my note 4 and nexus 5

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've converted fully over to iOS. The only things I miss from android are, making ringtones, the ability to handle files with astro & Google keyboard. I also feel like my HTC one m8 vibrated a lot louder than the 6+. Other than I'm content with staying on iOS.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

dami0nx

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
to be honest the only thing i miss is that i can use a memory card to keep things seperated but other than that i guess the spen but before that i was a Berry user for many years sigh and
this is my first iphone and well im not even looking back i love my iphone and really wish i was part of this a while ago

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I miss making phone calls and the keyboard. When android screens get big enough they have both letters and numbers on the same keyboard. Very convenient. And when making calls on android you can just start to dial a phone number and the contact comes up and it's there from the number. The iPhone interface is way different and no matter how long I have it, it's less convenient than android. These are things I can live without.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If you know any people who are official Apple developers, pass that idea onto them and ask them to forward it up the chain to Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77