Third-party complications, Watch OS 5

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently received my Series 4 Watch, and wanted to put up some 3rd party complications on the face. I read the instructions in Apple’s Watch OS 5 manual, but it doesn’t seem to agree with what comes up in the watch. The instructions say to open the watch app, go to My Watch, open Complications.I did so, and all the available 3rd-partly complications were listed there; however, none of them show up as choices for any of the complication spots (I’m specifically referring to the Infograph face). There seems to be no further instructions to activate any of the 3rd party complications on the watch. Am I missing something?

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope, not showing up directly on the watch, either. And, yes, the apps I want for complications are installed on the watch..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently received my Series 4 Watch, and wanted to put up some 3rd party complications on the face. I read the instructions in Apple’s Watch OS 5 manual, but it doesn’t seem to agree with what comes up in the watch. The instructions say to open the watch app, go to My Watch, open Complications.I did so, and all the available 3rd-partly complications were listed there; however, none of them show up as choices for any of the complication spots (I’m specifically referring to the Infograph face). There seems to be no further instructions to activate any of the 3rd party complications on the watch. Am I missing something?

If you’re trying to alter the new watch face that is specific to the Series 4 Watch then you are limited to what can be displayed with it.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
You’re right - just checked out one of the original faces (modular) and both the third party apps i wanted are available for that face. Too bad...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The third party apps have to be updated to include the new style Infograph complications. Since Apple didn't tell developers that this was coming until less than a week before the release of watchOS 5, it's hard to be too critical. That said, some apps (Overcast, DarkSky among them) already have new style complications that work with the Infograph faces.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
So, hopefully more will follow. Specifically, I wanted the Informant 5 and Starbucks app complications; I keep them in the dock, and it’s just about as fast.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’m still waiting on MyQ (LiftMaster garage door opener) and CPI (home security) to come back. I used those all the time on my series 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77