The reason to jailbreak

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I am writing an article on iPhone traveling and I just like to ask guys here what is the reason they jailbreak&unlock their iphones ? Do you want to move to another provider or you just want to install free applications or maybe you want to travel abroad with your iphone and put there local sim card. Thanks!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
ALL the above mentioned are GOOD reasons to JB. I JB my iPhone's because I like the FREEDOM it gives me from APPLE and A T & T. I'm NOT Tied to Apple APP's and A T & T's network although I am a subscriber. We Drive truck all over North America and I Like the convience of using the local provider when needed. I also like the comments and looks we get when someone un-jailbroken sees or uses one of our iPhones. I've always been a non conformist and having someone TELL me I can not do as i wish with something I put down HARD EARNED CASH for erks me. Jail Break people... IT WILL SET YOU FREE...:D :D

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
It also allows a whole new level of customization from springboard themes to being able to tether. And FYI not all JB apps are free. I have found the goods ones to cost a few bucks, although well worth the price. I am however very much against app pirating or cracked apps. That is the reason apple is fighting so hard to make it immpossible to JB.

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
To get away from the expenssive 3G data package At&T FORCES down your throats. If At&T had other data plans for iphone like charging money per KB of data used or per 100kb of data used, it would have been much better. :d

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The customization of your home screen and icons is the number one reason to jailbreak. I've paid for as many jailbreak apps as app store apps. Don't confuse jailbreaking (for the majority) with pirating (the minority). I haven't unlocked - perfectly happy on AT&T, but I can do it if I so desire. (When I travel abroad, I use Skype over WiFi and don't turn on my phone.)

bikefreax

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Gee I asked the same question just in different words and got nothing but **** from people saying I should have done a search. One of those people also posted in this one but did not say anything bad. This is crap. Nobody gave me any answers, just shame for not searching so you better search next time.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
To get away from the expenssive 3G data package At&T FORCES down your throats. If At&T had other data plans for iphone like charging money per KB of data used or per 100kb of data used, it would have been much better. :d

FORCES??? you had he option to get an iPhone or did someone force you to get that as well?

$30 a month, for unlimited data, is not much when you consider it breaks down to about $7.50 a week, roughly.

pay per the kb would suck or anything like that, unless of course you enjoy obsessing over your data usage everyday.

bottom line is, owning an iPhone simply isn't for penny pinchers.
that is what 'normal' cell phones are for.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Gee I asked the same question just in different words and got nothing but **** from people saying I should have done a search. One of those people also posted in this one but did not say anything bad. This is crap. Nobody gave me any answers, just shame for not searching so you better search next time.

hey man, don't take all this stuff so personal.
remember it's just the internet.

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I did the JB, well, just to it. I also did it for the customization of the phone. From themes, ringtones to sounds. And I don't like being told I can't do something to an item I paid for!?!

Bike, your thread asked WHAT does JB do? That is why you caught so much flak. A simple search would have answered your question. The difference is john wanted an opinion as to why people JB their phones.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I JB to do two things Apple wont allow that are absolutely necessary to me. I don't have a data plan so I JB to be able to turn off Edge and 3G. I also JB for Winterboard so I can have my wallpaper on my homescreens. JB allows users more freedom in my opinion because they don't have to use the phone how the manufacturer says it must be used. This has pros and cons and if you JB you have to understand that. I also have come to LOVE bitesms this app rocks like hell I don't think I could live without it. Oh yeah it also proves that the iPhone CAN do multi-tasking ;)

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
FORCES??? you had he option to get an iPhone or did someone force you to get that as well?

$30 a month, for unlimited data, is not much when you consider it breaks down to about $7.50 a week, roughly.

pay per the kb would suck or anything like that, unless of course you enjoy obsessing over your data usage everyday.

bottom line is, owning an iPhone simply isn't for penny pinchers.
that is what 'normal' cell phones are for.

$30 extra seems a lot for me since all i do on the 3G network is check email once or twice a month. Its great for people who make use of it a lot but i dont. Id rather make do with edge on Tmobile. Everywhere else i have wifi. I bought the iphone for its browing capabilities with wifi.

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I originally jailbroke my phone because I wanted to be able to customize and theme it. Now that I have been jailbroken for awhile, one of the things I appreciate the most is the ability to tailor a better notification setup than what you get with a stock iPhone. I like being able to see whether I have new emails and who they are from, etc., without having to unlock my phone and open up the Mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855