The Overdone iPhone 5 Negativity - From a Brand New iPhone User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Reading this dudes posts makes me think "Motoleo" was resurrected from the ban, lol. :D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

And the more he comments, the more sure I am that you are right... Just like the former, this one has a negative comment for every situation.

Can we get a mod to do an IP check?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
And the more he comments, the more sure I am that you are right... Just like the former, this one has a negative comment for every situation.

Worth it! The guy even has that surreal sense of logic motoleo had... like when he argued earlier in this thread that the Apple logo wasn't even silver behind the iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, this might not work as it is very easy to change your IP address if you really wanted to. As you said, though, you can tell by the posters style of posting as that is something that isn't as easily changed.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are happy with it. I know I was unimpressed at first right after the announcement, but then I got my hands on one and I could not be happier. This thing flies, light as a feather, and looks immaculate.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
In my Sean Connery voice the troll shall be banished baaaack to the dark cave under the bridge from where he came back I say back troll.............

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's faster, but it's only like 2 times faster. I'd like to get more bang for my buck. Did you noticed the Apple logo on the back is not silver?

Compared to my Old iPhone 4S it IS more than just 2X faster. Also, I have the White & Silver iPhone 5, and the Apple logo is on the back is definitely silver.... Perhaps you should get your eyes checked out. Oh and one more thing, actually use a product before you attempt to post facts about it, as that way you won't come off as a person who doesn't know what they a talking about like you do here. ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:10 AM ----------

On white & silver, logo sure looks silver to me...

I've got the White one and yes, you are correct that the Apple logo is definitely Silver.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Does it really matter what color the apple logo on the iPhone 5 is? On the white is silver and on the black slate it's a darker color. Now go on move on....

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My Apple loge hides behind my RealTree otterbox. I'm not hip enough to say:

HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT HOW LEGIT I AM! DID YOU NOTICE THE LOGO!?

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an iPhone 5 first thing in the morning on launch day and I couldn't be happier after dumping my Blackberry Bold 9930. No scuffs/dents, no defects, software issues, or anything else other people love to complain about.

Hi Doc. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your iPhone 5. I agree that it's amongst the best smartphones available, and I happen to love it.

HOWEVER, dismissing real problems as "issues other people love to complain about" is immature. I see you've come from a blackberry, that's great. I came from an iPhone 4, and an iPhone 3G prior to that. Both phones exceeded expectation and never caused my any issues at all. Literally zero reliability problems. Loved 'em.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the local Apple store to receive my THIRD iPhone 5. Yes. I have had two iPhone 5's with serious hardware issues that limited functionality (read: not scuffs in the anodization). To say that this is an issue I "love to complain about" is a joke. I don't love to complain about it at all. I'm a staunch Apple gizmo lover. I'm embarrassed to talk about it. I am in disbelief that I have not yet successfully found a 100% working iPhone 5 yet. If this next one has an issue too, I'll call Apple again, and if there isn't a pre-checked-amazing-100%-working-iPhone-5 ready to go for me, I'll sell this thing on craigslist and buy a Samsung Note 2. That is the level of frustration I will have reached.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi Doc. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your iPhone 5. I agree that it's amongst the best smartphones available, and I happen to love it.

HOWEVER, dismissing real problems as "issues other people love to complain about" is immature. I see you've come from a blackberry, that's great. I came from an iPhone 4, and an iPhone 3G prior to that. Both phones exceeded expectation and never caused my any issues at all. Literally zero reliability problems. Loved 'em.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the local Apple store to receive my THIRD iPhone 5. Yes. I have had two iPhone 5's with serious hardware issues that limited functionality (read: not scuffs in the anodization). To say that this is an issue I "love to complain about" is a joke. I don't love to complain about it at all. I'm a staunch Apple gizmo lover. I'm embarrassed to talk about it. I am in disbelief that I have not yet successfully found a 100% working iPhone 5 yet. If this next one has an issue too, I'll call Apple again, and if there isn't a pre-checked-amazing-100%-working-iPhone-5 ready to go for me, I'll sell this thing on craigslist and buy a Samsung Note 2. That is the level of frustration I will have reached.

What issues have you had?

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

First of all, you need to relax. You are apparently incredibly unlucky and got screwed, no big deal. Exchange it and get another one. Defects happen. People DO love to complain and the overdone iPhone 5 negativity IS overdone. Just cause you happened to be one of the unlucky ones doesn't make my statements "immature" or any less factual.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Call it overdone, but hearye. It's too expensive for me to upgrade the phone for minor stuff such as Siri loading a little faster or adding Facebook integration. That's like paying for a whole new app everytime you get an app update pushed to your phone.

It's great for people joining Apple and anyone who managed to get it for free by trading in their old one. But I've tried it, and the phone is just not that fast. Apps still pause when launching. Safari still loads web pages in an inordinate amount of time.

The keyboard still lags when you're typing fast, and Siri still can't tell you the time without being connected to the Internet. Front facing camera is still only 720p. You still can't lock the orientation to landscape.

All of these things could be better. I'm not wowed. Definately not wowed.

Even if they had come up with something that really makes a difference in my life, I'd have rushed out to buy it. I still have to charge this phone every night. A real battery improvement would've given them the chance to market the phone as "The most powerful iPhone yet." With our 25-40% longer battery life, I'd happily your my new phone as "The iPhone that ever sleeps."

We didn't get that this time.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Call it overdone, but hearye. It's too expensive for me to upgrade the phone for minor stuff such as Siri loading a little faster or adding Facebook integration. That's like paying for a whole new app everytime you get an app update pushed to your phone.

It's great for people joining Apple and anyone who managed to get it for free by trading in their old one. But I've tried it, and the phone is just not that fast. Apps still pause when launching. Safari still loads web pages in an inordinate amount of time.

The keyboard still lags when you're typing fast, and Siri still can't tell you the time without being connected to the Internet. Front facing camera is still only 720p. You still can't lock the orientation to landscape.

Even if they had come up with something that really makes a difference in my life, I'd have rushed out to buy it. I still have to charge this phone every night. A real battery improvement would've given them the chance to market the phone as "The most powerful iPhone yet." With our 25-40% longer battery life, I'd happily your my new phone as "The iPhone that ever sleeps."

Just admit it, you've never even picked up the phone. Most of the above is just BS. First off Facebook integration has ZERO to do with iPhone 5 rather iOS 6. It's faster than any phone out there currently. Yes, I own every flagship phone regardless of OS. Keyboard lags? Never had it lag one time. I'm sure others will agree. Tell me one other phone where apps don't pause when launched for a fraction of a second? Wait, don't even try because you can't! I'm not even going further with this. Not worth my time or effort.

If you're going to troll do a better job. It is becoming very obvious and very tiresome to other members here.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

You are an ungrateful spoiled brat. Good luck finding anything that pleases you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77