The Notch - Deal or No Deal?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Something I didn't realize until I got the X is that I never really look at the top 1/4 of my phone in portrait. So I barely notice the notch most of the time. Landscape is something else entirely though. Luckily I rarely use my phone in landscape so it's not a huge deal to me.

BillsiPhoneX

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
I got my X on January 12th. In the time I have had it the notch is no big deal to me at least. I just ignore it. Sometimes I don't even notice it.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It's right there in your face while watching videos in landscape mode. I don't know how anyone says they don't notice it when it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's right there in your face while watching videos in landscape mode. I don't know how anyone says they don't notice it when it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

I don’t make my videos full screen because it cuts out too much of the video. I truly loathe the 18:9:9 aspect ratio.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If the next iteration removes it, it’s all go for me. As it stands now, I’ll pass. Stands out too much in landscape mode.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I embraced the notch. It’s just one of those things that you can’t control if your OCD about it but fortunately it hasn’t affected me. I have actually come to enjoy the notch and it is rapidly becoming one of the differentiating factors when identifying phones. A friend of mine recently bought an X and when we met up for lunch and he showed it to me I initially didn’t realize what phone it was until I noticed the notch. It also helps to identify which side is up since the home button is gone.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The notch isn't an issue for me anymore. I kind of like it because it's a differentiator. However the inability of FaceID to work in landscape it a bit of an annoyance.

elron24

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
No deal. The notch makes my X unique. Doesn't bother me at all though I must admit, when I first saw it, I was thinking it was ugly but surprise surprise, a proud owner now. :)

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I like the notch. I don’t use an app without the notch. Glad that iMore finally updated their App. I have been using Tapatalk now I’m back to iMore app!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamadam9120