The iPhone 15 could have even better battery life because of this one change

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Will Apple increase the battery size is probably the bigger question. Android Flagships are all pretty much now 5000 mah. 14 Pro Max is 4300 mah. Just bumping it to 4500 will make a substantial impact. Add in 3nm and this supposed OLED driver and battery could see a big jump.

A couple of Androids have seen big battery improvement. It is Apple’s turn to respond and move back well into the lead. That’s good for us consumers. Imho battery is an extra top tier premier feature.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Will Apple increase the battery size is probably the bigger question. Android Flagships are all pretty much now 5000 mah. 14 Pro Max is 4300 mah. Just bumping it to 4500 will make a substantial impact. Add in 3nm and this supposed OLED driver and battery could see a big jump.

A couple of Androids have seen big battery improvement. It is Apple’s turn to respond and move back well into the lead. That’s good for us consumers. Imho battery is an extra top tier premier feature.

Apple doesn’t measure their batteries in mAh but in uX. That’s why they advertise in hours and minutes and never how much mAh a device has.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I don’t give a well, you know what, about what size battery is in my iPhone. I don’t even know. But I do known it last over a day, and that’s what I’m looking for.

I really don’t care what sized batteries Android phones have because I’m not going to ever buy one and break work and life flow.

You want more battery life ? Delete Facebook and those other Meta apps. Put your phone away and get back in touch with the world around you.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Only way for android to match iPhone 14 pro max in battery performance is by putting in a much bigger battery (5000 mah), crippling android by throttling apps (Samsung gos), and setting the displays to 720p.

Even with all of that they still can’t match last years iPhone 14 pro max, the 2023 iPhone 15 pro max will have have no equal this year, maybe android oems can catch up in 2024 or 2025.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Only way for android to match iPhone 14 pro max in battery performance is by putting in a much bigger battery (5000 mah), crippling android by throttling apps (Samsung gos), and setting the displays to 720p.

Even with all of that they still can’t match last years iPhone 14 pro max, the 2023 iPhone 15 pro max will have have no equal this year, maybe android oems can catch up in 2024 or 2025.

I don’t think most people realize how true this is. And the manipulation isn’t just for computational power, it’s even for battery results. Once I get the several most common apps not used in the testing, shockingly both of these hardware features performances degrade. Unfortunately the YouTube clickbait parade is what the manipulation is tailored for.

Another test rarely seen: sustained performance. Larger batteries using a higher power draw to get an abbreviated period of performance boost is kind of funny like that when trying to sustain performance :).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think most people realize how true this is. And the manipulation isn’t just for computational power, it’s even for battery results. Once I get the several most common apps not used in the testing, shockingly both of these hardware features performances degrade. Unfortunately the YouTube clickbait parade is what the manipulation is tailored for.

Another test rarely seen: sustained performance. Larger batteries using a higher power draw to get an abbreviated period of performance boost is kind of funny like that when trying to sustain performance :).

You are quite correct on power draw, which leads to throttling in an inefficient soc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKEJeA0GEQ

As I mentioned before I wouldn’t put too much stock on the android YouTubers that use an iPhone, but try to maintain their their android user base. No one is paying them any attention

Google pixel marketshare has actually declined in the last year. They might be able to get one or two iPhone users to try android, but twice as many leave.
a05b7d48a8c8ef3589f30cef48b042a8.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
You are quite correct on power draw, which leads to throttling in an inefficient soc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKEJeA0GEQ

As I mentioned before I wouldn’t put too much stock on the android YouTubers that use an iPhone, but try to maintain their their android user base. No one is paying them any attention

Google pixel marketshare has actually declined in the last year. They might be able to get one or two iPhone users to try android, but twice as many leave.
a05b7d48a8c8ef3589f30cef48b042a8.jpg

I like Dame Tech. He doesn’t do much clickbait, that’s rare. And he is testing back to back and mentions throttling.
Interesting about Pixel switchers. First hard data I’ve seen. YT clickbaiters are going to have to try harder on Pixels though they are all now full in on switching to the S23…at the moment LOL

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I like Dame Tech. He doesn’t do much clickbait, that’s rare. And he is testing back to back and mentions throttling.
Interesting about Pixel switchers. First hard data I’ve seen. YT clickbaiters are going to have to try harder on Pixels though they are all now full in on switching to the S23…at the moment LOL

YouTubers yearly schedule, fold/ flip -> pixel -> galaxy s.

Numbers are in for q4 and foldables have flopped . Contrary to what some members claimed at the time.

a44bf72dfeb219a7e86994294517c7ed.jpg

While the iPhone 14 pro and pro max had a hell of a quarter in q4 . Completely sold out.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
YouTubers yearly schedule, fold/ flip -> pixel -> galaxy s.

Numbers are in for q4 and foldables have flopped . Contrary to what some members claimed at the time.

a44bf72dfeb219a7e86994294517c7ed.jpg

While the iPhone 14 pro and pro max had a hell of a quarter in q4 . Completely sold out.

I am shocked! :). Foldables is probably the biggest tech media and YT phony hype I’ve seen in the last 12 months. The idea that an extra expensive device that required a number of trade offs from an existing, fully adopted, nearly perfected form factor is comical.

But there is good news for foldables, the drop primes them to jump by 100% the following year. Much like the Pixel, when you are a tiny sliver of the market, gaining a second tiny sliver makes for a great “100%! Growth” headline.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked! :). Foldables is probably the biggest tech media and YT phony hype I’ve seen in the last 12 months. The idea that an extra expensive device that required a number of trade offs from an existing, fully adopted, nearly perfected form factor is comical.

But there is good news for foldables, the drop primes them to jump by 100% the following year. Much like the Pixel, when you are a tiny sliver of the market, gaining a second tiny sliver makes for a great “100%! Growth” headline.

Less than 1% marketshare doubles to still less than 1% marketshare. Samsung is king of that less then 1% market share.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2