• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

The Apple Watch could be banned in the US unless President Biden steps in

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Per the article: “If the ban goes ahead sales of wearables like the Apple Watch Series 8 will no longer be possible across the United States.”

If the ban were to go into effect, Apple would find a way to continue producing the popular Watch in my opinion.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now:

Mobile Nations sells to Future and things to to crap.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Per the article: “If the ban goes ahead sales of wearables like the Apple Watch Series 8 will no longer be possible across the United States.”

If the ban were to go into effect, Apple would find a way to continue producing the popular Watch in my opinion.

That would not apply outside the USA. So they would be allowed to produce and sell the Apple Watch everywhere - besides the USA.

Of course, this is all hypothetical at this stage.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I definitely agree!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
If anyone is interested, I’ll put up $700 on a wager that Apple Watch 8 remains on sale in the USA. If I lose you get 700$, if I win you can order me two new HomePod G2s. Please, any takers?

I want a stereo pair of the HP G2s but the price is too rich for me right now. I’m waiting for Apple refurb for 250$ or maybe a lucky Amazon or Best Buy open box return for closer to 200$. But with that wager I’m certain to get them for free :).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman