Switching to XR - need help!

1901Madison

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Sup fam - after 4 years away from iOS, I'm coming back. I've got a black XR arriving at my house tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Over the past 4 years, I've built up quite a stash of Android accessories (dongles, chargers, converters, etc.). Do any of you have recommendations for a simple converter that I can put over my USB type C chargers so that I can continue using them? Will the Android fast chargers fast charge the XR? Ideally, I want to continue to use my charging bricks, car charger, power bank without buying entirely new accessories. Thanks!

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the USB C to lightning converters but as far as the charging bricks it depends on what type they are. If they use quick charge they will charge the phone faster than the included charger however you won't get the truly fastest charge possible. I believe the iPhone use Power Delivery for fast charging? If I'm wrong someone please correct me but if the bricks you have use that for fast charging you should be OK. I use some old android fast chargers to charge my iPhone when I'm traveling and they charge pretty fast. Not as fast as the ones apple sells but they do the job.

1901Madison

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I'm coming from a Pixel 2, which I think uses PD charging. That should mean that I'll get some quick charge capabilities from the Pixel charger with a converter, right?
I'm not sure about the USB C to lightning converters but as far as the charging bricks it depends on what type they are. If they use quick charge they will charge the phone faster than the included charger however you won't get the truly fastest charge possible. I believe the iPhone use Power Delivery for fast charging? If I'm wrong someone please correct me but if the bricks you have use that for fast charging you should be OK. I use some old android fast chargers to charge my iPhone when I'm traveling and they charge pretty fast. Not as fast as the ones apple sells but they do the job.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I'm coming from a Pixel 2, which I think uses PD charging. That should mean that I'll get some quick charge capabilities from the Pixel charger with a converter, right?

Yeah I use a pixel charger for my travel charger actually so you'll get some good speeds from that. I will say this as something to consider I have the apple USB c to lightning and their quick charging brick and it's some of the fastest charging I've ever used. For me it was definitely worth the money to invest in.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The iPhone XR supports fast charging...but for whatever reason you not only need to buy the fast charger (it doesn’t come in the box)...but also the cable (yes, they sell the cable separately). So if I were you I would just stick the USB-Lightning cable into your Android fast charging plug and use that combination to charge your iPhone.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone XR supports fast charging...but for whatever reason you not only need to buy the fast charger (it doesn’t come in the box)...but also the cable (yes, they sell the cable separately). So if I were you I would just stick the USB-Lightning cable into your Android fast charging plug and use that combination to charge your iPhone.

Definitely a much less expensive option. I personally use wireless charging. Qi charging is almost ubiquitous these days with cell phones.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Definitely a much less expensive option. I personally use wireless charging. Qi charging is almost ubiquitous these days with cell phones.

Wireless charging looks pretty cool and is convenient...but my S7 Edge’s wireless charging was one of the first and is therefore very slow. Slower than via cable.

Personally I wouldn’t mind if my phone didn’t have wireless charging and had a bigger battery instead.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Wireless charging looks pretty cool and is convenient...but my S7 Edge’s wireless charging was one of the first and is therefore very slow. Slower than via cable.

Personally I wouldn’t mind if my phone didn’t have wireless charging and had a bigger battery instead.

I bought a fast wireless charger cheap on Amazon, almost as cheap as buying an adapter.

1901Madison

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, all! Just got the phone and setting it up. Is there any way to bring my SMS messages from my Pixel to the XR? When I was setting up the iPhone, there was no option to move data from an Android phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson