SwitchEasy Case, Damaged iPhone

gpia7r

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What are the chances of getting SwitchEasy to pay for a replacement iPhone 3GS due to damaged suffered from proper use of their product?

I have the RebelSerpent model. The bottom portion where the charger is sags low, and exposes the chrome bezel of the iPhone. Due to this, the bezel has suffered a large number of scratches and scuffs. Since this is a defect in their product, and their website shows no policy for this sort of thing...

... but boasts "Complete protection of the iPhone's delicate parts"...

Could I get them to replace my device? They want to replace the case, but the damage has already been done.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No chance what so ever. If you noticed the bottom of the case sagging low you could easily have stopped using the case. In the past I've heard of other cases scratching the bezel of the iPhone and try as you might, just like the other cases, you will not get them to buy you a new phone. Wish I had better news for you. :(

gpia7r

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Typically I'd agree with you, but nowhere on their website do they say they are not liable for product damage.

I'm aware this is a pretty small company, but when I bought this product, I expected it to do what it says - Protect those areas.

I'm taking the nice and kind customer approach at the moment, but if they deny me, I'm going to have to take the "onus is on you" and wrongful advertising approach... which I'm hoping brings better results.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Typically I'd agree with you, but nowhere on their website do they say they are not liable for product damage.

I'm aware this is a pretty small company, but when I bought this product, I expected it to do what it says - Protect those areas.

I'm taking the nice and kind customer approach at the moment, but if they deny me, I'm going to have to take the "onus is on you" and wrongful advertising approach... which I'm hoping brings better results.

I'm sure somewhere along the way you will see they will not be held liable. And honestly is there any way for you to prove it was damaged due to their case? Or is your bezel perfect except on the bottom?

Hate to repeat myself but you knew the case was lagging at the bottom... and this is no different if you dropped your phone and the screen cracks. Do you think they would replace your phone then? Nope.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2