Sprint iPhone 5 demand

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
The Apple store manager in DC was shocked when I said I had Sprint. They had plenty of phones which makes me worried Sprint is having a rough go selling the iPhone 5 even with their truly unlimited campaign. I guess consumers are voting with their wallets that they would rather have LTE speeds and coverage over endless data. Anyone else worried/disappointed about Sprints lack of LTE?

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Apple store manager in DC was shocked when I said I had Sprint. They had plenty of phones which makes me worried Sprint is having a rough go selling the iPhone 5 even with their truly unlimited campaign. I guess consumers are voting with their wallets that they would rather have LTE speeds and coverage over endless data. Anyone else worried/disappointed about Sprints lack of LTE?

Yeah one of my friends is on sprint and upgraded at the apple store and when he asked him how many he had on hand he said plenty. Yeah sprint not rolling out there LTE quicker will I think have a significant effect on iphone sales vs verizon and ATT

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Sprint customer who grabbed the 4s when it became available last year. Won't be able to upgrade at the subsidized price until next year. Perhaps there are a lot of folks like me. In my situation, LTE isn't much of a consideration. I have access to Wi-Fi about 90% of my day.

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing when I went to the apple store. Sprints 3G coverage is terrible, and I find that trying to make us believe that it's getting better is an absolute lie! I'm moving on after my contract is up

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing when I went to the apple store. Sprints 3G coverage is terrible, and I find that trying to make us believe that it's getting better is an absolute lie! I'm moving on after my contract is up

Sprint's 3G can be fast(see pic). Granted it is slow as a whole, but this is the reason why I can be patient with them. They are actually working on upgrading their towers and will hopefully see LTE with a 100Mb download speed backbone(Verizon has only a 50Mb download speed backbone) in my area(Springfield, Missouri) around January with UNLIMITED data! All those that switched to AT&T or Verizon will soon regret their decision.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349523968.849654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349523968.849654.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 25

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I had to drive all over town to get my Sprint iPhone 5. Maybe the Sprint folks just took their time getting theirs.

I live in Dallas, TX, and we do have LTE here so that may have been why.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien