Spotify warns users not to update to watchOS 9 over a new streaming bug

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This issue doesn’t affect “me” at all since I rarely stream music from my Watch and the fact that I don’t subscribe to Spotify.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This issue doesn’t affect “me” at all since I rarely stream music from my Watch and the fact that I don’t subscribe to Spotify.

Me either! :D But so many do, and so many are going to be really annoyed (definitely an understatement) about this.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What's Spot...ify?

Just kidding. I don't use Spotify, so it does not affect me. I listen mostly to podcasts, sometimes through my watch :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I never stream music from my Apple Watch. I rarely use Spotify, mostly Apple Music.

I hear you. I use Music and Pandora, but I stream via my HomePods, my BMW, and on occasion, via my MacBook Pro while at work. I can’t even tell you the last time I streamed music via my Watch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Spotify free and don’t have an iWatch

Serious question: what is an iWatch?
I mean come on dude, you’ve been on iMore for ages now and are familiar with Apple. Surely you actually do know it’s called an Watch or Apple Watch and not iWatch.

May I ask why you chose to use the name iWatch nevertheless?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Serious question: what is an iWatch?
I mean come on dude, you’ve been on iMore for ages now and are familiar with Apple. Surely you actually do know it’s called an Watch or Apple Watch and not iWatch.

May I ask why you chose to use the name iWatch nevertheless?

You know, the watch made by Apple. You can download apps for the iWatch from the iStore.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don’t use Spotify, much. If I do, I use the web browser. I know people who do stream Spotify from their Watch. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Up until relatively recently (last year or so, I believe) the Spotify app for the Apple Watch was simplicity defined. My suspicion, in general, is Spotify doesn’t put significant resources into this app. Most probably there isn’t a substantial user base that is tethered directly to only Apple Watch.

Nothing is bug proof and Apple won’t be perfect either but Spotify would have had plenty of time to test-make changes to the app for it to interwork properly with OS 9. My hunch is what we saw was an app that gets precious little of Spotify’s resources. Spotify is a long established, big company but I don’t think they have ever turned an annual net profit, and they go up against the biggest entities on the planet, Apple, Amazon, Google. The Spotify Apple Watch app probably gets a small slice of the B team.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad