Sort Applications Alphabetically

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to sort all installed applications alphabetically? Well I know there is which I tried but, some of the applications were not in alphabetical order.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyway to sort all installed applications alphabetically? Well I know there is which I tried but, some of the applications were not in alphabetical order.

Wouldn’t the App Library achieve this? From the Home Screen, scroll all the way right, and tap on the search bar at the top. Or did you mean shift your actual home screen around?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
iPad I read that the sorting meant of that I used before on;y sorted the third patty applications and not the pre installed like for example like Safari. Which does not sence.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
To reinforce the Annie's listing, yes, you can do this, sort of, with Settings / General / Transfer or Reset [iPad] or [iPhone] / Reset / Reset Home Screen Layout.

This puts the default configuration of stock apps (and widgets) as they appear after a factory reset, and then puts third party apps in alphabetical order. So you'd still need to do some drag and drop work to move the stock apps into alphabetical order, reset widgets, etc.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to the app library Home Screen,
click on App Library.
First, make sure App Library is enabled in the Settings app, under Home Screen & Multitasking.

You can also access the App Library from the iPadOS Dock:
IMG_0633.jpeg