Siri Network Fail

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
What I don't like is Siri has to connect to a network even to call a contact. Yet if I go to my phone app and hit the number I can call. It should be able to call a contact without connecting to a network

I agree! Same thing for setting an alarm! Why should Siri have to contact anyone to set an alarm on my phone? This needs to be fixed!

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am really disappointed here. Siri was their big selling point on this phone, but I can't get access to the NETWORK. :(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am really disappointed here. Siri was their big selling point on this phone, but I can't get access to the NETWORK. :(

Hopefully iOS 5.0.1 will fix the issues that some people are having with Siri. I've been impressed with how well Siri works on my 4S so far.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Siri is still in beta! There are still bugs to work out. Once it's out of beta I'm sure it will be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
In Cali and Siri only works half the time. Pretty embarrassing when I tried showing her off to a buddy of mine who has an Android... Hope the problem gets fixed soon. Either way, still love my iPhone 4s!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Every time I tried to use it today (Saturday), it said that it could not connect to the network......lame!
Try putting your iPhone 4S in Airplane mode for a few seconds, then try Siri again. This usually works for me during the very few times that Siri can't find the network.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
In Cali and Siri only works half the time. Pretty embarrassing when I tried showing her off to a buddy of mine who has an Android... Hope the problem gets fixed soon. Either way, still love my iPhone 4s!

Are you on ATT? ATT is terrible in northern California. I was on a business trip up there this week and I had several issues with my cell phone.

Also Siri had a nationwide outage 3 days ago, along with individual carrier outages at different times. Either way it is why they put the Beta term with Siri. It probably wont be stabilize for another few months from everything I am gathering.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've only had the "Can't connect to the network" 2 or 3 times. Siri connects just fine for me. I use Siri frequently.

As stated by a previous poster could the connection issue depend on carrier or location...I'm on AT&T in IL.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien