Should I upgrade my iPad Air 2 or iPhone 6S

jtsang777

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
I’m considering upgrading one of my devices this year. It’s either I’m going to upgrade from my iPad Air 2 that I have now to a new iPad Pro when the new model comes out or my iPhone 6s to an iPhone XR. Which do you think would be consider worth getting in terms of value? I’m planning to have it last at least 3-5 years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
3 to 5 years? Heck, you might want to consider a MacBook Pro....:cool:....Having said that, there is no way I would hold onto a smartphone for 3 to 5 years, but I don't know you or the things that are important to you. With that in mind, which device will get the most work-like usage? The iPad or the iPhone? Whichever it is, I recommend that you choose to upgrade that particular device.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would think the phone would be more useful. Since it’s something you can use anywhere.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I personally would upgrade from the iPhone 6s mainly because your smartphone is the more used device, the primary device. It's always on you and you need / want it to perform the best.

For MOST people (including me --Ipad pro 9.7 ) the ipad is more of a consumption device and I won't mind waiting an extra 3 seconds for Netflix / youtube / safari to open.

I recently upgraded from the iPhone 6s to Xs max and it has been a leap to say the least.

Would recommend upgrading your phone over the ipad IF the ipad is more or less just for content consumption.

jtsang777

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
I agree with Bamf-hacker

Okay, I’ll probably upgrade my 6S then, do you think coming from the 6S, will paying extra for the XS would be worthy of the cost difference over the XR? Or do you think I’ll certainly be satisfied with the XR since I can save a bit more money?

Skiwis

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I was close to buying an XR but the risk of damage and cost is way up there and I would probably not use it all that I want to, such as skiing, fishing etc. I ended up fixing my 6S screen, battery and charging port (corrosion) for $40 instead.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a XS Max and an iPad Air 2. Go for the phone first, and unless you plan on drawing etc., my Air 2 is running perfectly fine on iOS 12. If you still want a new iPad I would wait to see what the next unveiled iPad brings, as the rumors say full screen, Face ID, etc.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded last December from a 6s to an 8plus. I also have an iPad Air2, which is doing great! If I were you, I’d go with a new iPhone before you get a new iPad.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I believe the iPhone is more useful since you’ll be using it daily. If you’re after productivity, then the iPad Pro or a Macbook is the way to go.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77