Should I purchase the iPhone 7 plus through the iPhone Upgrade Program?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
For someone like me it is perfect. I have owned every single iPhone from the first one and it was always a pain to sell the old one when the new one released, while switching upgrades within my plan, SIM issues etc...just a royal pain.

Now I just pop in every 12 months and get a new one. The benefit over carriers plans is that the phone you get is unlocked and AppleCare+ is free. I like easy and they made it easy and if I was to keep my current phone then I just pay it one more year and done (but we all know I won't do that :)

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
For someone like me it is perfect. I have owned every single iPhone from the first one and it was always a pain to sell the old one when the new one released, while switching upgrades within my plan, SIM issues etc...just a royal pain.

Now I just pop in every 12 months and get a new one. The benefit over carriers plans is that the phone you get is unlocked and AppleCare+ is free. I like easy and they made it easy and if I was to keep my current phone then I just pay it one more year and done (but we all know I won't do that :)

I couldn't agree more and that is also why I signed up for the annual upgrade plan when ordering my 7+ jet black 128gb at 3am! I really broke down the cost differential and it is basically an interest free loan, not tied down to a contract and includes apple care +. I would typically spend $120 on square trade anyway so maybe now I spend an additional $40 a year to be able to upgrade to the latest and greatest every single year!!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
i am with no carrier , i waited till 2:30 am , but they refused to let me buy , due to no enroll in any carrier

Same with me. I'm setting up a new line of service, so I have to do that in an actual Apple Store. Nearest one is only 7 minutes away from me, but with no preorder I'm at the mercy of the shipping gods. I went by this morning and the rep told me that for the past few years they've gotten plenty of non-preorder stock, so I'm going to show up a few hours early next Friday and hope I can walk out with one via theUpgrade Program.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77