Should I get an iPad Pro now or wait for the new one?


iMore Question

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting an iPad pro since February 2018. I don't have any apply products or tablet and I will use my iPad Pro for art and design.

I've been waiting Apple to announce the iPad Pro 3rd generation but Apple do not mentioned about iPad Pro in the March and June Apple events. I've heard that Apple going to make iPad Pro 3rd generation with some features from the iPhone X.
I've went to the Apple store hundred times just to use the Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. The Face Id and other features of the iPhone X doesn't attracts me very much. The things that make me consider to wait for the new iPad Pro is the software support period and Animoji(cute), but I guess the new ipad pro will be very pricey.

And my country is currently "tax less" until September 2018. If I'm getting a iPad Pro now will be much more cheaper. The tax is usually 6 to 11%. I do not owned an Apple product before. Is it Apple will officially announce when they going to stop the software support of each of their products?

Besides, I'm not sure which one to get between the 10.5 and 12.9 inches. I personally prefer the 12.9 inches display, it's so nice, big screen to draw but also less choices of casing in my country. Another concern is not sure it's portable or comfortable to hold and use in the daily and on the bed.

May I get some advice and opinion from you guys? And maybe some other information about iPad Pro and Apple. Thank you!


Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Get what you need now is the advice I would give for this circumstance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Latest member