Should I get a Verizon or ATT iPhone 5 to use on T-Mobile ????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on T-Mobile with my Galaxy Note 2 (great phone),,,but I also want to get an iPhone 5 to use
and go back and forth between the Note 2 and the iPhone 5.

I'm bit confused on the ATT vs the Verizon iP5,,,,from what I have read the Verizon version is unlocked out of
the box and the ATT version needs to be unlocked but its GSM,,, does that mean the ATT GSM version will work
better with T-Mobile GSM and HSPA,, or will the Verizon version work just as well.

I'm also in Las Vegas where T-Mobile has there newer network up and running.

Anyhow,, sorry for the dumb newbie questions,,,, if ya"all could explain to me the pros and cons of getting an ATT or Verizon iPhone 5 to use on TM that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
All iPhone 5's have the same 3G GSM basebands so it doesn't matter except that the Verizon one it is unlocked.

If you're planning on using LTE then that matters because Verizon and AT&T iPhone 5's support different LTE frequencies.

When T-Mobile becomes LTE (rumor is early 2013) will the Verizon iP5 or the ATT iP5 be a better match for T-Mobile,s LTE ?

Thanks
Davyo

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Side note: if using the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 5 on T-Mobile or AT&T and swapping between devices remember each time you swap you'd need a new SIM card.

Right now on AT&T I swap between iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S3. But since the SIM cards are the same size, no need for me to call AT&T, etc. :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Get an AT&T version. At the moment, t-mobile uses a frequency that isn't compatible with any iPhone for 3G (hspa+) data speeds. T-mobile is changing frequencies though and should be compatible soon. As for LTE, t-mobile will be on the 1700 MHz band, which the AT&T iPhone 5 supports.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1