Share your first week experience with your 6+

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had a week with my 6+ and I truly love it!! The reason I got rid of my 5 and 5s was because of the small screen. As soon as I found out Apple was releasing a 5.5' iPhone 6, I immediately knew I was coming back to iOS. Coming from a Note 3, the size is somewhat similar except the 6+ is taller. I love everything about this phone! The battery life, the camera, and the gorgeous screen are all great perks of owning this phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
... and I like that Apple isn't falling into the megapixel war that point and shoot digital cameras went thru and phone manufacturers are doing now. I'd rather have all the improvements Apple makes to the sensor and software, than higher MP...

I agree. I guess since my pictures rarely get any further than looking at them on a screen, I don't have the need for uber-MP. I'd prefer to have something that provides nice detail but doesn't produce files that are so large I have to be conscious of that when choosing a data plan (which I will probably do at some point in the near future - goodbye unlimited data plan *sniff*).

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread.

Jury's still out for me. I'd been using the iPhone 6 since launch and have been pleased with it. I used a 5s previously. We also had a Plus ordered on one of our lines and it shipped early before I could cancel the order.

The day before the Plus arrived, after a day of heavy (but not extreme) use the battery on my iPhone 6 died right before dinner while I was out without a backup battery. After reading all the reports of how great the battery life was on the Plus, I decided to try it once it was delivered and see how I'd adapt to the size (which I had determined was too big for me based on visiting the Apple store a couple of times).

That was yesterday and, as I've said, I'm still undecided. The iPhone 6 is a pleasure to hold and use, but the screen on the Plus is a bigger improvement for me than it appeared to be in the Apple store (especially for web surfing). I was able to take the Plus out on a 7 mile run yesterday and it proved only marginally more effort than it did with the iPhone 6. The battery got me through the day pretty easily, albeit it wasn't a full day.

The plus fits in all the pockets that I've tried so far, but I definitely notice it in those pockets. I notice the iPhone 6 more than the 5s, but not as much as the Plus. Using the camera on the Plus is more enjoyable than on the iPhone 6 apart from the OIS – it's the additional screen size that makes for an improved shooting experience. And now I kind of see why people like using their iPads for photography (though I've never thought to do so myself).

When the battery died on my iPhone 6 the other day, I thought about what it would be like using that phone with a mophie, and that combination seems much more unwieldly than using the Plus (assuming, of course, that it won't require a mophie). The advantage of using the iPhone 6 with a mophie is that I'd only only need the mophie for days when I know I won't be in the car or at my desk much, so there's the option to have the smaller form factor. With the Plus, I'm carrying the extra battery capacity whether I need it that day or not.

Again, jury's still out for me. I was pretty certain I was going the iPhone 6 route until a couple of days ago, but now I'm undecided.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My first impression was... holy $#@! this thing is HUGE lol but I'm loving it ;) lol

EDIT:

But I've only had mine a little more than 24 hours.... stay tuned :D

My dad got an iPhone 6+ and it's pretty awesome! I could see it would take some getting used to, but the screen is beautiful. It feels well made.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
My first week has been amazing. I'm in love with the size and how easy it is to use the device with one hand. I like how I can make the screen smaller if I need to.

The screen is beautiful I keep mine on about 50% and everyone thinks that it's the most beautiful screen they have seen. I could only imagine what it would look like full power. It doesn't give me a headache if I am consistently on it which is a big plus since I use it a lot.

I'm not even missing my Android device. I don't have to worry about my phone dying after 2 hours of heavy usage. I can play on it all day and still take it home and charge it before bed without having to worry about where can I plug myself in.

The camera is beautiful and I am still discovering new things as I use it.

The apps are way better on my iPhone then on my Droid.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Android to iPhone 6. This size and mobile payment were mainly I've been waiting for. So far Im happy, iOS is really good when it comes to messaging, there sure a things that bug me and I'm looking for solutions. I love the device, way better than prior models.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77