Settings icon shows there is a software update but when i check, my phone says I'm up to date. How can I stop my phone asking to update?

I

iMore Question

settings icon shows there is a software update but when i check, my phone says I'm up to date

in settings under general, there is a software update ready. Indicated by a red 1. when i go to update my software. the phone says I'm up to date. So there is a red 1 at all times on my settings icon but my phone says I'm already up to date. how can i get rid of this red 1? and why does my phone permanently think there is an update?

crowordove

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: settings icon shows there is a software update but when i check, my phone says I'm up to date

Hi there!

First and foremost if you go into Settings > General > About what version of iOS are you running? 9.1.0 is the current version and what I'm assuming you'll have if you are up to date.

If the above is true then I would recommend a few quick fixes. The first is a reset of network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. That will help to clean out any issues in contacting the update servers for iOS. The second would be a Reset All Settings. Located in the same menu as the above it will help with many small software issues you encounter and may clear up the badge that continues to stay on the settings icon.

If those options aren't successful I would back up the device to either iCloud or iTunes and then use iTunes to update the device. The option is present even when your device is on the newest version to reinstall on top of the current system. It will ideally not delete any information but your mileage may vary so back up first.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4