Scratches/fades on the non-Aluminium parts the Matt Black iPhone?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hi Guys!

Wondering if could shed some light!
I own a iphone 6+ Gold and am looking at upgrading to the 7+. Thought I give the Black a go since i had the white face for 2 years.

My question & concern is, the regular metal parts of the phone ( Side Buttons and the lightning port), Does the black metal wear off?

I've seen the display sets and some already have fades on the on/off buttons to grey and the lightning port seems to have become silver in colour due to the constant plug-ins and un-plugs of the docks..

I don't own the matte black, but had the Jet Black. I found all the easily scratched concerns to be overblown. I didn't use a case at all, and it didn't have any scratches at all. Around the lightning port was still as black as it was the day I got it.

That may not help you much as you're interested in the Matte Black. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My JB Plus micro scratched easily and was always cased, now after 1 month my brand new MB plus has 3-4 silver chip spots on the back and has always been in a UAG metropolis or Apple Leather case.
If you used either of these phones naked they would end up looking real bad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Always a screen protector and using cases. Mine is rose gold. Not seeing any scratches. I take great care of my devices