SCAM ALERT: Iphone 32GB for $225 via forum PM

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I got it too, but you might think about following up with an official message just to make sure everyone gets the word. This just wreaked of spamming!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I also woke up to the same message today. I was also on the alert to the odd sounding message, that seemed rather desperate!
They must have got everyone's email.

What got me is that TIPB is better than that, if they got a few iphones 4's they arent gonna charge you for them, they would just give them away.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep i received this same message at 6am today! thought i was in luck for a second til' i read all the way down......Western Union! really.......Hope nobody tried to buy this crap!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how was the system compromised?

It wasn't. The bozo sent a PM to as many people as he could... many (most) of us have the default settings to receive an email when we get a PM. That's all it was. It was annoying and it was spam. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing compromised.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
+1 I too received this, thought it was odd, then deleted. I hope that no one fell for this. But if you did, let us know what happened:)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I only considered it for a second since my gf's was stolen, and wasn't sure if I wanted to go the insurance route and finally decided against because you can send paypal these days as long as it's not an eBay transaction and they don't charge your for it... so the western union was like... give me a break lol

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was glad my gut instincts took over, but now the question is raised since the dumb sh*t had to give his name for Western Union, the question is, is there any legal or lawful actions that would or could happen now lol

He had to give his name and city... not very smart

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77