• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Safari 11.1 Not Working

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an iMac 2012 running High Sierra 10.13.4 Beta (17E160e) and Safari 11.1. Frequently, Safari will stop working after using it. I will get the color wheel and it will not respond. Usually, I will have to force quit Safari. Typically, I have to restart the Mac to clear the problem and Safari will start working again. This problem will occur at least once a day and I use Chrome most of the time but I like to Safari for other stuff.

I don't have use any extensions. I have cleared most of the website data. I have tried to boot to the Mac in safe mode. I have tried a number of things to resolve the Safari problem but nothing seems to work except restarting. I don't want to restart in the middle of the day just to fix Safari.

Is this a bug in MacOS or Safari?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone with the same year Mac will reply soon. All I can tell you is that I’m not experiencing any issues running Safari on my 2017 MacBook Pro and my work-issued MacBook Air.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It might have something to do with the beta.
I'm not running beta. The version of Safari I have is 11.0.3, and no problems here.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz