Russia's iPhone ban has been extended to iPads and Macs over surveillance concerns

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple already patched the exploit Pegasus and graphite were using to break into people’s phones.

Russian officials advice “Give it[the iPhone] to your children”

I guess security was never the reason to ban iPhones in Russia.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple already patched the exploit Pegasus and graphite were using to break into people’s phones.

Russian officials advice “Give it[the iPhone] to your children”

I guess security was never the reason to ban iPhones in Russia.

Government mindset: if we can‘t snoop for information on our employees’ iPhones then place a ban on the use of their iPhones.

Governments in general seem to want unbridled access to our information and will attach the label “vital to national security” to get it. Yet, they will classify anything they don’t want us to have access to under the label “protecting national security”.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Government mindset: if we can‘t snoop for information on our employees’ iPhones then place a ban on the use of their iPhones.

Governments in general seem to want unbridled access to our information and will attach the label “vital to national security” to get it. Yet, they will classify anything they don’t want us to have access to under the label “protecting national security”.

giphy.gif

I didn’t even think about it like that.

I guess apple should have never patched the exploits so that Putin can continue spying on his staff.

Well there is always android.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

I didn’t even think about it like that.

I guess apple should have never patched the exploits so that Putin can continue spying on his staff.

Well there is always android.

(Laughing)…. So true.

Reactions: FFR

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77