Running Yahoo Messenger stand alone app on Mac OSX El Capitan?

I

iMore Question

Running Yahoo Messenger stand alone app on Mac OSX El Capitan

I have found a crack which is supposed to work, in that 235554 in info.plist when changed to 235555 would get Messenger to work with Yosemite.

I have tried, and strangely enough the first tries, the struck through icon appeared normal, but when I tried opening it, I got the message that the app was damaged and should be trashed.

I tried editing the info.plist file with the terminal sudo command, but that didn't work: it seemed unable to locate the file in spite of having specified the exact location; I then tried editing it with the Extendscript Toolkit.app, but I can't figure out in what format to open the file: there's so many options available.

Also, if 235555 is specific for Yosemite, I suppose El Capitan would require another number.

I want to be able to use Yahoo Messenger because of the cute emoticons. All the other instant messaging apps offer such lousy crap.

Is there somebody out there who knows how to crack this?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Running Yahoo Messenger stand alone app on Mac OSX El Capitan

Welcome to iMore guest... however, we really don't participate in cracks or anything that would damage hardware in any way. You might try looking elsewhere but good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy