Rose Gold

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So, funnily enough, I'm actually shying away from getting a rose gold one now. Down the line, I may want a certain case that might look funny with it. I think I'll stay on the "safe" route and get the silver.
Aww. I wouldn't get the rose gold because it's pink. I seriously dislike pink. I'm gonna go with the space gray again.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The thing about these gold options are that they look really ugly in the form factor of the 6/6 Plus as opposed to how the gold looked on the 5S. I was one of the people who had negative things to say about the gold 5S, but in reality it looks so much more tasteful than what we have now. The way the white glass on the back compliments the champagne color on the back looks really nice. Now on the 6's and iPads, the golds look like something someone who has money to spend just had custom made.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
According to Apple support the new cases will work with last years models. I am going to get one of the new lavendar silicone cases for my 2014 6 Plus.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Also the pictures I have seen of the rose gold color looks really pink to me. I have a metallic rose gold MK purse and the color is nothing like what these rose gold iPhones look like. But like some said it could be the lighting. Could look different in person.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm TOTALLY sold on the rose gold. AND the lavender watch band for the Sport Watch goes beautifully with it. That'll be my next purchase, next month. Or when I get the phone in my hand, who knows.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing if you've seen or have the rose gold watch then that's what it looks like. Apple wouldn't come out with a whole new shade of rose gold for the iPhone. They didn't do that with the gold. It's identical. I'm feeling pretty safe that the rose gold is going to be the same as the watch and a true rose gold.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think Hank and others mentioned this but if you plan to put a traditional case on, does color truly matter outside of being either a black or white faced phone? Basically you end up trying to match to the color of a home button ring.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ya... it's starting to grow less on me... I made this thread because it was *new* and from the initial pictures it looked almost red gold. But the in person photos definitely make it look pink.

Went to the apple store to play with a Gold iPhone6 today and I think I will switch it up. I'll be getting the Gold 6S and when the iPad Pro drops I will be getting Space Gray.

Again... I just WISH there were an option for a gold back with black screen and accents!

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually think they look great together, assuming that is a pretty accurate representation of the shade of "orange" (art school snob in me wants it to be called vermillion if that is really the color)Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 11.39.19 AM.jpg

edit, meant to quote someone, not sure where it went...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store today and looked at the aluminum rose gold (not the real rose gold) Apple Watch and I tell you it is quite pink. I do like pink but I hope when I get the rose gold phone I pre-ordered today that it's not too much. I hate the thought of driving 1 1/2 hours to the Apple Store and trying to exchange it. 😕 Hopefully I open the box and say "OMG it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"! 😍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Bought the wife a 128 gb rose gold. I actually preordered a gold one then changed my mind. I called and cancelled the order then went back online and got the rose gold. We are with Verizon.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i got the rose gold one too. pink is my favorite color and i've always loved rose gold. if it's absolutely horrible i can always exchange it for space gray.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I reserved a silver and a rose gold. Can't decide which one I will end up with. Guess I'll wait to see it in person.

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had a gold 5s and now 6 and have been wishing there was a gold and black option for awhile now. I personally live rose gold, but the 6s is pink and not actually rose gold. Hopefully it will change in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855