Ring camera setup

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
A few weeks ago I picked up a Ring Video Doorbell 2 to replace the doorbell at the front door. No reason, really, other than wanting a camera at the front door.

Well, I liked it so much I ended up getting a spotlight cam for the back patio and a stickup cam for the living room. What I really like about these two cameras is you can set custom zones for movement detection. And the LED's on the spotlight cam are BRIGHT!!! Setup was easy and the video and sound quality is great. No issues so far.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone is thinking about getting them.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago I picked up a Ring Video Doorbell 2 to replace the doorbell at the front door. No reason, really, other than wanting a camera at the front door.

Well, I liked it so much I ended up getting a spotlight cam for the back patio and a stickup cam for the living room. What I really like about these two cameras is you can set custom zones for movement detection. And the LED's on the spotlight cam are BRIGHT!!! Setup was easy and the video and sound quality is great. No issues so far.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone is thinking about getting them.

Has Ring finally caved and added HomeKit support to their devices? Especially with that new secure iCloud video thingie that was announced it would be worth considering for me.

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Ring doorbell 2 and I have been using it for a while now. Although it is not perfect and it has missed some important times when I needed it to pick up something and alert me but it failed or missed it.

Obviously, Ring doesn't work with HomeKit so I am looking at different video doorbells to replace the Ring but is equivalent to it. Of course, every brand is going to come with some pros and cons to it.

With that said, does anyone use another brand besides Ring that supports HomeKit?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2