"real" gps on iphone looking more likely

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
If "real" GPS in incorporated, would they also incorporate a program to give turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts? Or would that be a program one would have to buy separately with the SDK coming out? I have not used google maps on an iPhone yet, so I am unaware if that already exists in that program.

bigspooon

May 30, 2008
Visit site
@Indy: yeah, I read that article and I disagree. I do want real GPS.

The google maps locater is neat but it's not exact enough for me to rely on. When you are in an area with small city blocks and/or a town with windy, confusing streets (La Jolla, CA for example) its hard to tell where you're really located.

Would real GPS drain the battery fast? probably. but i can deal with that by purchasing a car charger (which i was planning to do in the first place)

Will Apple include an option to turn off GPS? probably. that way i can conserve battery and rely on google maps when my exact location isn't necessary.

I personally dont care if the iphone will be slightly larger. And i don't need to link up to satellites in 30 seconds....so...i do want.

neolite

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, the current location finding is good enough for me to do a directions search in the map app from "My current location" to wherever.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I like that feature, except sometimes I get a huge radii so it doesn't really work out well. True GPS plus the maps apps + voice directions (maybe?) Sounds like I can replace my TomTom for my Apple.. lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad