questions about my new iphone 6s

Kaitlin Kaschak

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
so i ordered a carrier unlocked iphone 6s should be here in a week or two and i have a few questions

#1 assuming its on ios 9 which ios should i update it to this is my first phone since the 3GS?
#2 is it safe to leave the phone plugged in overnight to charge it? if not how long should i leave it on the charger dont want to ruin the battery
#3 since this is my first iphone since the 3GS is there anything else you think i should know

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
so i ordered a carrier unlocked iphone 6s should be here in a week or two and i have a few questions

#1 assuming its on ios 9 which ios should i update it to this is my first phone since the 3GS?
#2 is it safe to leave the phone plugged in overnight to charge it? if not how long should i leave it on the charger dont want to ruin the battery
#3 since this is my first iphone since the 3GS is there anything else you think i should know

1: simply go to Settings > General > Software update and perform an update from there. You will be updated to the latest supported version.
2: yes, I leave mine on the charger when I go to bed.
3: there is lots of stuff you’ll learn over time. Don’t rush and overthink it. It comes to you naturally.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! It’s good to have you here! Enjoy your iPhone and don’t hesitate to as questions. We are happy to help!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
1: simply go to Settings > General > Software update and perform an update from there. You will be updated to the latest supported version.
2: yes, I leave mine on the charger when I go to bed.
3: there is lots of stuff you’ll learn over time. Don’t rush and overthink it. It comes to you naturally.

Hello @Kaitlin Kaschak. Welcome to iMore.

Pretty much spot on what @Tartarus replied.

Also, when you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/
Hope this helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77