Problem with 3G Safari connection on iPhone

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've been having a big issue with my 3G internet connection on my iPhone. It happened roughly when 2.2 rolled out, never before that. When browsing in Safari via 3G, all goes well for the first few minutes. After a while, trying to load a page causes it to just hang and eventually a message pops up saying that it couldn't connect because the server is not responding.

When I turn off 3G and kick it into Edge it works flawless. Wifi works fine too. Calls are fine on 3G and it shows a full 5 bars. It only happens when browsing on 3G. Interestingly enough, when I toggle airplane mode on and off, or even toggle 3G on and off, the connection comes alive again..only to die out within minutes with the same 'server not responding' message.

I've had countless calls to customer service, hard reseted, reset network settings, cleared cache/history, and finally did a full restore. All attempts failed.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's pissing me off and i'm looking for solutions.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nope, can't say that I've had that issue. When you did a restore did you use a back up file to restore or restore as a new iPhone?

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Nope, can't say that I've had that issue. When you did a restore did you use a back up file to restore or restore as a new iPhone?

I restored from a backup. I don't know why this would make a difference since nothing changed other than the 2.2 upgrade.
This is the one and only thing now I see that may have been left out in my attempts. As annoying as this will be, i'm gonna try to restore it as a new phone. *sigh*

I'll update if it works or not.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok, update. I restored as a new iPhone and voila it works again! Reputation points go to you Bad Ash.

I'm gonna have to test this out since I haven't fully installed all my jailbroken (3rd Party) apps yet. Only SSH and SBSettings has been installed. In previous attempts, I just installed all Cydia apps before testing internet.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Alright, so the issue came back but i think I may have narrowed it down to Winterboard causing my problem. After uninstalling Winterboard, the problem went away. It's probably just a theme i downloaded that was corrupt or something.

It's an odd solution, but it seems to have worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8