Price cut?

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Been seeing a lot of reports on the tech news sites about the X underperforming and potential drops in price for the X from Apple. Curious what this group thinks? I personally don't think apple would do it this iteration of the phone, for risk of pissing off people who already bought one. Has apple ever cut prices on phones in the past, between cycles?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The price of the X will go down next year when the new X comes out. Other than that you might get a gift card deal when you get one. But I don't see them dropping the price mid cycle.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I don’t see Apple doing that. The sales might not be record breaking, but its still very good.

I appreciate Apple not randomly reducing the prices of their products, at least through their stores.

It’ll go down next year as per their current trends. I think they’ll bring some well priced options next year.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Apple understands brand protection better than most companies. Once you start reducing prices it never ends and then you end up like Tommy Hilfiger on a clearance rack at TJ Maxx!!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am in agreement with others that I don’t see Apple reducing the price of the current X until the new model is released next year.

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I remember when some would talk mess because you could Samsung devices, buy one get one free. And now that applies to the latest iPhones. What kinda surprised me was not only did that include the latest iPhone but that includes the X. Depends on carrier and blah blah blah. Some said you could can X and a iPhone or Plus but not the X. And some would allow me two X’s and just pay the difference (credit capped at $700 over installments).
I doubt a sale comes soon as others said, but seeing BOGO deals from carriers like other Android devices also surprised me.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
There always were BOGO deals from carriers for the latest iPhones or gift card deals from retailers.

But that’s different from Apple directly cutting the price at their stores.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If Apple reduced pricing mid cycle they would be admitting they priced it too high, and while it is priced too high I still got one. Getting next years model will depend on improvements, if the rumored larger screen appears and if its the same size or physically smaller than the 8Plus I may consider it. I definitely won't buy until a SIM Free model is available.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't see it happening. This was bound to happen eventually with sales. The market is saturated with phones and used phones. I'm not saying that sales won't pick up again for Apple. But most people can't afford to go out and spend this kind of money on phones. Apple won't reduce the price till the next model is introduced.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Wishful thinking. It’s not going to happen for one simple reason. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus exist for those that are more budget conscious. If Apple didn’t have these in the lineup it may have been possible to see a price adjustment on the X, were it not meeting the sell-through numbers.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Agreed.
I’m expecting a lower price point for the next-gen iPhone.

I don’t think so. Considering there will likely be a bezeless LCD lower priced phone with Face ID, apple will likely have to keep a good price difference for their premium phone. Last time I can recall a price cut in iPhone was at the beginning. Its been only going up since then.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They won’t reduce the price, which is indeed too much, IMO. Next iteration may be more sensibly priced.
The next flagship iPhone will more than likely cost the same as the current iPhone X.
I don’t think so. Considering there will likely be a bezeless LCD lower priced phone with Face ID, apple will likely have to keep a good price difference for their premium phone. Last time I can recall a price cut in iPhone was at the beginning. Its been only going up since then.
Agreed.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37