• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Posting comments

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that posting comments on iMore articles takes FOREVER! It has definitely stopped me from commenting when I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
And now replying to posts here on the forums is buggy! it posts double! (when posting from a browser)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And now replying to posts here on the forums is buggy! it posts double! (when posting from a browser)

Call the exterminator... the whole MobileNations world is buggy lately... too many changes, implemented too quickly...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Agreed! Too many error messages every time I try to edit or just reply to a post. I hope this gets fixed soon!!

I've discovered the following work-arounds:

To REPLY WITH QUOTE, I have to double click the button.
To EDIT A POST, I have to right click and choose OPEN IN NEW TAB.

Seriously... otherwise, the I just get a spinning blue ball. #fail *sigh*

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for those...

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

definitely helpful! thanks!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Can't comment on front page for past few days. I get this after a few minutes after clicking on submit. Same thing in different browsers.

error.JPG

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
Hey All,

When providing feedback on tech issues like this, can you please let us know browser you're using, and if you're on the full site or mobile site (or app, like Tapatalk). Need to be able to replicate the errors so we can fix them.

I've just done a few forum posts and blog comments (full browser - chrome, firefox, safari, on my mac without any issues)....

Thanks!

Cory Streater

Forum Admin Emeritus
Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I believe I know the root cause of this issue and have implemented a fix. Kindly post in this thread if you see it again.

The "spinning ball" issue was fixed the night before last and was tested on Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome (Mac and PC) browsers. Can you confirn that you are you still seeing this?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Can't comment on front page for past few days. I get this after a few minutes after clicking on submit. Same thing in different browsers.

View attachment 21213

Firefox, windows 7. For the pic i attached.

On Chrome, windows 7, I click submit. See a spinning "please wait" for a few minutes. And i'll either see "comment posted" after 2-3 minutes (which doesn't really post) or I'll see the error pop up.

I've removed cookies from every mobile nations site. Updated some plug ins. Rebooted PC. Changed password. And still get this using firefox and windows 7:
error 2.JPG

Was able to post using safari on iphone 5 just now.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe I know the root cause of this issue and have implemented a fix. Kindly post in this thread if you see it again.

The "spinning ball" issue was fixed the night before last and was tested on Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome (Mac and PC) browsers. Can you confirn that you are you still seeing this?

I only saw the issue on my MBP browsers (primarily Chrome)... haven't seen any of these issues for a day or two... thanks for the quick fix.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not had the dreaded double post since yesterday so hopefully, the fix stands. Thank you.

Thank you for this fix also and have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman