Possible to arrange Delivery time w/ FedEx?

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says, no one will be at my house on Friday until 5pm and the package requires a signature. I could pre-sign but I live in a area with a lot of activity during the day so I wouldn't feel comfortable with the package just sitting outside. Is there any way to contact the delivery driver and request that my package be delivered later in the day?

williambacky

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If I miss a FedEx package they usually have a window from 5-6 where you can pick it up from the facility. I usually just make a trip down there it's like 15 min away from my place and well worth the drive when there is a package I really want.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can even have them hold it and not even try to deliver it. You can then pick it up anytime after 9 am.

Things like that with FedEx usually have to be initiated on the shipper's end... receivers can't have a say until there's been one failed delivery attempt. After that, you follow the directions on their tag they leave on the first attempted delivery.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Typically no but you might be able to have your driver toss it over your fence like the guys in that YouTube video lol.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
You can even have them hold it and not even try to deliver it. You can then pick it up anytime after 9 am.

On the Apple products that I've received from Fedex, they wouldn't release the product to me until at least one delivery attempt had been made. I had previously called fedex, and the rep placed a hold for pickup; however, when I got to the depot on the morning of delivery, the counter rep said that they had to make a delivery attempt (he said that the phone rep was wrong). Anyway, the iPad 2 was on the truck, at the depot, but he couldn't pull it and give it to me. The rep said that this was an agreement between Apple and Fedex. I hustled back home and waited for the delivery.

As others stated, you can go to the depot in the evening and pick up the iPad when the truck returns, or presign with the form from your order on Apple's website with instructions for where you want the driver to leave the package (front door, back door, neighbor).

I haven't had this issue with shipments from other companies: I've walked in to the depot, and they've pulled the item off of the truck and given it to me with no problem.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My delivery status states its gonna be deliverd on 16th at 3PM. I wont be home from 12 - 2 and it takes about 30 mins from the place im gonna be at back to my home. Few days ago i recieved a package that came early which was supposed to come 4 days from the day i got it. This is why i kinda worried, assumming there is a possibility for the iPad to come early, and pre-sign option isnt really reliable for me.

I am planning to hold for pick up in fedex store.

The question is, would the iPad be available in the store at 3PM, which was the time predicted for the iPad to be delivered to my house?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77