• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Portless iPhone 13 to use 'Internet Recovery' for restoring, claims leak

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read about this a while back and, although it’s the future, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I like connecting my iPhone to my Mac and then manually restore my iPhone. How will I be able to recover when iCloud is down?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I read about this a while back and, although it’s the future, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I like connecting my iPhone to my Mac and then manually restore my iPhone. How will I be able to recover when iCloud is down?

Agreed, sir. I love the comfort knowing that if wireless bleeps the bricks, I can network over Ethernet cable.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If they have a valet reason for removing the port than I will adjust but I like to be able to connect a device when it’s needed

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of wireless charging. I use my phone too much to have time to charge wirelessly. And I like it fully charged when I go to bed. I don't get the point of removing the port. Some like wireless, some don't.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This could be the end then....
As I don’t have and never have had a computer of any kind nor know how to use one !

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I read an article on the Verge after I posted here that predicts Apple will not remove the charging port in the “forseeable future”, this will suit me !

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I read an article on the Verge after I posted here that predicts Apple will not remove the charging port in the “forseeable future”, this will suit me !

Me too! I was so "bummed" because I finally have a car with CarPlay, but I have to use a cable to connect to it. Granted, I have a new iPhone so it will be 3ish years before I get another one, but I plan on keeping this current car forEVER. :D