Point of buying Apple TV?

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a lot of apple products. Phone, watch, iPods, iPads. I have went to Apple Store and played around a little with Apple TV. But really don't see what the point of having one is? What are the capabilities of it? What's the hype all about. Features please?

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

hari4u

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I still remember hunting for deals to grab an Apple TV at the best price, but somehow I ended up not buying it. Not that it isn't useful but I'll just have to wait a little more time to make up my mind. (& money). 😁

JamiePreston

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I bought it 6 months ago and the only thing i do is Netflix HBO GO and mirroring my iPad to watch AHS on putlocker.
To be honest it's not that big of a deal like everybody said.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been wanting to buy the Apple TV for the longest time..but haven't really gotten to actually do it. I already have most of my favorite TV shows and movies on my PC. I can just stream them wirelessly to my TV any time I want. Plus my TV is a smart TV with YouTube, Netflix etc built in. I get almost all Sports coverage Live with our cable connection ( it costs less than $5 a month in India for about 400 channels).
The only added benefit would be mirroring of my iOS devices to the TV. And for that I don't know if the Apple TV price is justified ( a 32 GB 3rd generation ATV costs about $200 in India)

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I'm invested in products but can't see what the deal is with the TV. Honestly my Chromecast is all I need. Sadly, it's slowly having me move my content from stock apps to apps that work with Chromecast for example google music podcast over iOS podcast and google music/YouTube instead of Apple Music because I can push it to my TV for $35 instead of the $200

I was actually hopping on to ask a question but found this so I'll ask here. I'm all aboard for the $70 Chromecast because of 4K still worth more in value instead of the TV. So should Apple make a Chromecast like device around the same price stripped away of its App Store and just push native apps from the phone and a few others?

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
First my family is different, I cord cut about 8 years ago. So we don't have cable. For us, the Apple TV is amazing. We also mostly use Netflix and PBS kids, but there are lots of choices.- from history channel, anamie channel, Hulu, ESPN.. First streaming is great - less expensive than cable. And you watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it. Getting sports is hard, but now there are some streaming bundles if you need sports). I love that we and the kids don't watch commercials. It is amazing how much stuff you don't know you must buy when 8 minutes an hours isn't devoted to what you need to buy. For us, this was especially true for our kids. Now if you are sold on streaming lots of options from Xbox 360, to Roku, to Chromcast, to a computer hooked to your TV. Apple TV is better if you 1) want to play purchased iTunes movies on your TV or 2) want to play videos on your iphone or ipad on your TV. The new Apple TV is more expensive and can also play games and have Apps that do more, but other than light games we rarely use any more than the 3rd (much cheaper)) generation could do. Streaming is the future. Apple TV is a great way to do that.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
First my family is different, I cord cut about 8 years ago. So we don't have cable. For us, the Apple TV is amazing. We also mostly use Netflix and PBS kids, but there are lots of choices.- from history channel, anamie channel, Hulu, ESPN.. First streaming is great - less expensive than cable. And you watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it. Getting sports is hard, but now there are some streaming bundles if you need sports). I love that we and the kids don't watch commercials. It is amazing how much stuff you don't know you must buy when 8 minutes an hours isn't devoted to what you need to buy. For us, this was especially true for our kids. Now if you are sold on streaming lots of options from Xbox 360, to Roku, to Chromcast, to a computer hooked to your TV. Apple TV is better if you 1) want to play purchased iTunes movies on your TV or 2) want to play videos on your iphone or ipad on your TV. The new Apple TV is more expensive and can also play games and have Apps that do more, but other than light games we rarely use any more than the 3rd (much cheaper)) generation could do. Streaming is the future. Apple TV is a great way to do that.

Great post and explanation of the benefits of the TV!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad