• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Password

Degree

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
New here, forgot password, got email to put in new password. When I go there it says that I have to put in old password to get new one. Duh, My old password doesn't work, what to do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New here, forgot password, got email to put in new password. When I go there it says that I have to put in old password to get new one. Duh, My old password doesn't work, what to do?

It was probably an oversight, but right after it asked you to input your old password, there was a section that displayed: Request New Password. After clicking on the link, you will see the image displayed in the attached photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Degree
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Saw this thread, and I may need some assistance as well. Borrowing from your words, it may be an oversight on my part but I can't find any option to change my password (after I get the one-time link sent to my email) without having to enter the old one. I appreciate the help.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Saw this thread, and I may need some assistance as well. Borrowing from your words, it may be an oversight on my part but I can't find any option to change my password (after I get the one-time link sent to my email) without having to enter the old one. I appreciate the help.

Try again. It should work for you. Once you get to the page depicted a few post up, all you should have to do is enter the username you initially registered and it should send you a new password to the email address that you have registered with Apple.

Just Me, D

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Try again. It should work for you. Once you get to the page depicted a few post up, all you should have to do is enter the username you initially registered and it should send you a new password to the email address that you have registered with Apple.

Just Me, D

Thanks for your reply. I did receive an email with a temporary link that logs me into iMore automatically. However, when I go to reset my password, it asks me for my current one (which is the one I don't remember). Again, thanks for the patience.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I did receive an email with a temporary link that logs me into iMore automatically. However, when I go to reset my password, it asks me for my current one (which is the one I don't remember). Again, thanks for the patience.

Just for the heck of it, I went through the process of resetting my password via the link I provided a few posts up and when I received the email link containing the one time login and clicked on it, it asks for a password and to confirm the password. It did NOT ask for the old password. I simply typed in a password that I want to use and then re-typed it in the confirmation box and voila! That was it. Nothing else needed to be done.

Just Me, D

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just for the heck of it, I went through the process of resetting my password via the link I provided a few posts up and when I received the email link containing the one time login and clicked on it, it asks for a password and to confirm the password. It did NOT ask for the old password. I simply typed in a password that I want to use and then re-typed it in the confirmation box and voila! That was it. Nothing else needed to be done.

Just Me, D

Ok, these were my steps:
clicked on link you shared earlier in this thread.
answered the captcha question and got further instructions sent to my email address.
the link provided in the instructions opens the iMore homepage with the green text box with another link to resetting my password.
the link takes me to a form asking me to input my current password. I've attached a snapshot for you to see

Am I missing something? I can't feel but frustrated with myself (and I bet you are too).

thanks.

Attachments

• iMore-PasswordReset.png
    iMore-PasswordReset.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 16

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, these were my steps:
clicked on link you shared earlier in this thread.
answered the captcha question and got further instructions sent to my email address.
the link provided in the instructions opens the iMore homepage with the green text box with another link to resetting my password.
the link takes me to a form asking me to input my current password. I've attached a snapshot for you to see

Am I missing something? I can't feel but frustrated with myself (and I bet you are too).

thanks.

I don't know what else to tell you, my friend. I really don't. I did not get the page depicted in your screenshot. My experience was exactly how I described it in my previous post so at this point, I suggest you send a PM to one of the mods.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what else to tell you, my friend. I really don't. I did not get the page depicted in your screenshot. My experience was exactly how I described it in my previous post so at this point, I suggest you send a PM to one of the mods.

I understand. I'll do that. Thanks for taking the time and responding so quickly. Cheers.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I suggest you clear the cache for your browser first, then perform the password rest (forgot password) again.

IF it happens to ask for the old password during the process, entire the temporary one that was emailed to you...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman