Over 20,000 employees leave Foxconn, casting doubts over Apple's iPhone production capacity

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, but this situation gives me the impression that it’s orchestrated.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Not buying it.

The article claims 20k but doesn’t tell us how many remain.

I just posted this in another thread. Apple online ordering is showing an ETA of Dec 28 versus 7 days ago at Dec 29. The impact of minus 20,000 workers can’t be an improved delivery date unless the factory was already improving production. Business insider: “Half of the world's iPhones are made at a sprawling factory complex in Zhengzhou, China that employs as many as 350,000 people”

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What is Amazing to me is how Apple appears as the bad guy as if it told handlers to not pay the workers in a country where it has no control.

An argument can be made that Apple is the pawn in this matter. The world knows its value and how important and profitable the iPhone is.

There are numerous ways to shakedown a company for additional money and this “could be” one of them. Of course, I’m just speculating.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
What is Amazing to me is how Apple appears as the bad guy as if it told handlers to not pay the workers in a country where it has no control.

An argument can be made that Apple is the pawn in this matter. The world knows its value and how important and profitable the iPhone is.

There are numerous ways to shakedown a company for additional money and this “could be” one of them. Of course, I’m just speculating.

Yep. When you are the top of the mountain everyone wants to knock you off. Even worse, Apple makes their ecosystem, including the App Store, their own way and make no apologies for it. It's their way or the highway. It angers A LOT of others. Even though every one of them pretty much want to be Apple, they also want to knock Apple down. Add to that Apple pissed off advertisers, media, websites with their ATT. Cross app tracking of a user is BIG business across corporate and internet world. This is a HUGE group of people to make angry at you and they will fight back every fair and unfair way possible (using media, politicians, the legal system etc).
FoxConn manufactures for a myriad of companies but none of them have the name Apple.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep. When you are the top of the mountain everyone wants to knock you off. Even worse, Apple makes their ecosystem, including the App Store, their own way and make no apologies for it. It's their way or the highway. It angers A LOT of others. Even though every one of them pretty much want to be Apple, they also want to knock Apple down. Add to that Apple pissed off advertisers, media, websites with their ATT. Cross app tracking of a user is BIG business across corporate and internet world. This is a HUGE group of people to make angry at you and they will fight back every fair and unfair way possible (using media, politicians, the legal system etc).
FoxConn manufactures for a myriad of companies but none of them have the name Apple.

Excellent observation and, as always, well-stated… :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2