• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Open links in app

donebrasko

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Is it possible to have a link open up in the actual app instead if the browser?

Like on Twitter or Facebook for example, if I click an Amazon link I want it to open in the Amazon app instead of the browser. I see that it will open in Safari but I want it to go to the app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, when you click on a link the iPhone/iPad will redirect to the associated app if installed.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to have a link open up in the actual app instead if the browser?

Like on Twitter or Facebook for example, if I click an Amazon link I want it to open in the Amazon app instead of the browser. I see that it will open in Safari but I want it to go to the app.

But if it worked that way, the both FB and Twit would probably lose out on tracking you. Just saying. :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Just saying that it does it on Android with no problem.

If you go to settings for some apps, you can choose to have the link open in Safari. Selecting that usually triggers the link to open directly from the app, such as Amazon. At least this works for me. Depends on how you customize.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the app. Like Facebook and Twitter, TapaTalk has a built-in browser. It's up to the app developers, whether to have a built-in browser or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
identical force