Official Waiting in line for an iPad Air Thread!

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local Apple store in Roosevelt Field mall here on Long Island. Went in and there was a line with 3 people alreadying getting their iPads and one guy in front of me waiting. Two opened up and went up, took my info and then a waited a few mins for my iPad to come out. Maybe there for about 20-25mins if that. Went with the Space grey 128GB wifi/verizon.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Correction - some of the people I thought were heading to the line, we're not. Apparently Victorias Secret employees start work very early.

Yeah lol back when I worked there we started at 6am. It took a lot to get that store perfect. Could you believe everything in the stock room and the selling floor is colour coded by the colour of the rainbow (ROYGBIV). Back on topic...got my 32gb Air! In Toronto Sherway Gardens it took about 5 minutes there was no one in line but thats because it was 10:30 am. Didn't even open the box can't wait to FINALLY read my books for school haha.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I preordered my iPad Air. Went to the local Apple store @ 9:00 EDT and there was no line.
In fact several sales people were just standing around waiting for more customers.
So far it's a great iPad.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I never considered lining up before, but got to Best Buy (they suck) at 7:40 with just one other car in the lot. First though the door at 9 and they only had white (64Gb Verizon). Took a pass on that. Called Verizon at 10 and they had none. Ordered on line for in store pick up today (Albany, NY) and by the time My order was complete; none available for in store pick up until Monday which is the day Apple will deliver it to my door. I placed my order about 11:30am Eastern so evidently Apple has plenty of stock.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my 32GB Space Grey at Best Buy and then had to drive 45 minutes to the nearest Apple store to get my brown leather smart case since BB only had covers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Got lucky and was able to snag the only white 128gb Verizon model they had at the store! Got in and out in 10 minutes flat. I picked up the black smart case and I'm not exactly loving it. Feels cheesy and the edge around the screen feels really sharp. I think I might take it back and grab a Smart Cover instead and look for a clear plastic back cover.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. It's not worth the hundred to me. I only bought it because I don't want to go naked with this. Too precious.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I waited today around Noon for 15 minutes at the Apple Store.

I kept going back between 64GB & 128GB and Silver & Grey. I walked would with Space Grey 128GB LTE..

iamdjpaul

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Oakridge Mall in San Jose Ca. Got there at 6:30 am. only two people there. The mall let us in so we waited right outside the Apple store. They passed out slips with the type and color that you asked for. They let me in around 8:05 and I was at work by 8:40. It was my first time ever waiting in line,

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Walked into the Uptown Albuquerque Apple Store about 3:30 this afternoon & picked up a white 64GB for moms...in & out in about 10min. No preorders and the store was pretty busy

karrenola

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I was headed for the iPad lineup here in Tokyo, Japan exactly 12 hours ago, but wham bam there wasn't one! Just loads of people cramming the Apple Store in Ginza and reporters hanging around outside. I checked last week with a guy there to find out if HE thought there'd be the kind of lineup I had to get in last year for iPhone 5, like from 7am with a chair, a cup of coffee and the paper to read on my iPad. He said all the hardcores (I call 'em nutjobs) would probably be camping out there days before, but it should turn into walk in from the afternoon on D-Day (Debut Day 11/1). Very good advice. I just walked in yesterday past all those drooling people to the floor where they had whatever I wanted to buy. The only problem was the provider who, as usual in Japan, goofed up my name and other data, holding up the transfer from my old to new iPad for over an hour and a half, causing me to raise my voice and my blood pressure. But I got it, all 128GBs of it, without lining up!! What a wand.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine for in-store pickup at 11:40am on launch day Nov 1st. Picked it up at 2:00pm.

There was a short line out front for people who didn't buy online... and a short line in the store for people checking in who did buy online.

wfa31

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i'm waiting but the wait might take so long! since there's no release date for our area! :( So hopefully iMore can help me to get mine :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup