Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi Alex, My carrier is AT&T however I ordered mine via the apple app store, I prefer to stay away from carrier sites as in the past I have been done the same way by AT&T.

Completely agree. But Apple’s sites were a nightmare. I am surprised you were able to get it ordered as they couldn’t even communicate with AT&T.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Nice, Apple still says mine is prepping for shipment, but I just logged into my UPS account and sure enough they already have it in China so it's basically already shipped and Apple just hasn't updated.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone X is a Space Gray, 256GB, Verizon version. Delivery is confirmed for Nov 3. Current status is "Preparing to Ship"

I had an issue placing my order. To order a Verizon phone, they were asking for a Verizon pin number. I didn't recall ever setting one up and didn't expect this. After 3 or 4 failed attempts, I got a prompt that stated something like "Your iPhone X has been reserved but not ordered. We will send you a link via email to confirm your order. If you do not confirm the order within 24 hours, the reservation will be lost and you will need to re-order".

Immediately after that message I went on my VZW app and set up a PIN to match the one I tried to use for my order. Then I went back to the order page and saw the delivery times slipping to 1-2 weeks then 3-4 weeks after 15 minutes. At that point I decided to see if I would get that reservation email.

I received the reservation email the next morning and immediately confirmed the order with the Nov 3rd delivery. I've got to say I was surprised that actually happened. I really figured my order would fail and I would need to reorder later with a Dec delivery date. Thankfully that didn't happen because...

For various reasons, I had to buy a new phone just over a week ago. I decided to try the 8+ after I talking to several 7+ owners that loved their phones. Turns out I'm just not a fan of the size. It's too big for me but I did love the screen size. The last day to return it is Nov 3rd so I decided to order the X... so long as I could get a Nov 3 delivery date. I did. The 8+ will go back on the 2nd so I can beat the X rush at the Apple store on the 3rd. I'll need to go a day without a phone so a bit anxious about that. Really hoping nothing goes wrong with the delivery since I'm going on a trip on Saturday.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I just had mine shipped to work. It’s a medical supply company so we get daily UPS visits anyway.

I’ll be camping out in shipping and receiving at around 12:45

Nice! I had the store pickup option at 8AM when I pre-ordered through Apple app store so I will be going to Apple store 1 hour earlier just to see the crowd and witness the opening. :)

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My order got messed up by ATT so I was set for 12/4 - 12/11 delivery. I got an email yesterday indicating delivery has been moved forward a week so now showing 11/27. Still a long wait, but better than december!

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having mine held at UPS so hopefully I can get away from work to pick it up at 9 am when they open. If not I'll have to pick it up when they re-open between 3:30-6:30. Considering UPS never delivers at my house until after 7:30 I'll still get it earlier that way.

UPS always delivers late at my location. The UPS guy told me last time that I'm the last on their list because of my location. He arrived almost 8PM. This is the reason why I opted for store pickup this time. I'm just glad that I was able to get that option because it was gone in 2 mins.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I placed the order with them at 3:24AM and immediately got the order number in email. When I tried to check the status mid-morning on Friday they couldn't find the order. Spent an hour on the phone with them and they still couldn't pull up the order number so they entered another order for me and ensured me I would still get it on the 3rd. Later on Friday I get an order update on the original order followed by a notice cancelling it since I didn't have an upgrade available due to the second order! They apologized, but indicated there was no way for them to get me higher in the queue. I would have pushed for some other credit, but it was on a business line so I didn't really have any leverage.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
UPS always delivers late at my location. The UPS guy told me last time that I'm the last on their list because of my location. He arrived almost 8PM. This is the reason why I opted for store pickup this time. I'm just glad that I was able to get that option because it was gone in 2 mins.

Same for me. I live less than a mile from the distribution center so my neighborhood is the last on their route.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I placed the order with them at 3:24AM and immediately got the order number in email. When I tried to check the status mid-morning on Friday they couldn't find the order. Spent an hour on the phone with them and they still couldn't pull up the order number so they entered another order for me and ensured me I would still get it on the 3rd. Later on Friday I get an order update on the original order followed by a notice cancelling it since I didn't have an upgrade available due to the second order! They apologized, but indicated there was no way for them to get me higher in the queue. I would have pushed for some other credit, but it was on a business line so I didn't really have any leverage.

I've read this on one of the post that they too could not fine his order. Eventually, the rep talked to her supervisor and they were able to fine it. She said that her supervisor has special access to the order. I think you just talked to the wrong person. He/she could have asked the supervisor.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody here order through Best Buy and have their orders switch to "Preparing"? First time ordering through someone other than Apple because I couldn't get the Verizon check out through the Apple Store App.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone order through Sprint? What does your order say? Mine says it will ship on 11/3...I ordered when it still said it was available 11/3 but nobody there know what they're talking about.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've read this on one of the post that they too could not fine his order. Eventually, the rep talked to her supervisor and they were able to fine it. She said that her supervisor has special access to the order. I think you just talked to the wrong person. He/she could have asked the supervisor.

Actually talked to a supervisor as well. She was the one who indicated they needed to place a new order!

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Actually talked to a supervisor as well. She was the one who indicated they needed to place a new order!

Oh, got it. I'm just surprised that they never found it and you received a letter from your original order. This means that it's in their system but they just can't find it for some reason.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh, got it. I'm just surprised that they never found it and you received a letter from your original order. This means that it's in their system but they just can't find it for some reason.

Agreed. I'm guessing it's some type of processing delay from web order to actual order. Having worked with ATT as a vendor for two separate companies, their backend is the biggest mess of antiquated systems that I've ever seen.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When I ordered it said Nov-17 but confirmation shows Nov-27 WTF lol so Friday I’m going to a junkyard to get goodies for my other addict...hobby