• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

eclipse31

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally

No luck at 12:01-12:40am PST earlier this morning, but just got through on Apple no problem around 6:00am PST for a 32gb black Sprint model. Still quoting a delivery for next Friday, so it looks like I stayed up for no good reason earlier! Woowoo though :)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I gave up after everything went to hell just after 12am PST and went to bed. I woke up at 3:30am and tried again. I got an unlocked 32GB Black off the Apple site on the first try.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 GM

mat8823

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess I missed all the excitement. I tried at 5:00, Apple. Got kicked out once, tried again, got straight through! Black, 64GB, AT&T, grandfathered unlimited.

Asked for vacation next Friday, but there are two people ahead of me. This might be my first unexcused absence...

Oh, it also triggered a fraud alert with my bank! But it went through. Yay!

You must have bank of America. It did the same thing to me last year and this year.

Brian212

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Black 64GB AT&T, tried the Apple site but it wouldn't let me keep my current granfathered txt plan. AT&T didn't require me to choose txt plan, so hopefully it will stay the same.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Preordered: 1x 16GB White iPhone 4S for the wife and 1x 16GB Black iPhone 4S for myself. Both from AT&T's website at 8:15am EST. My wife's extremely excited and I'm pretty excited myself.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
After much trying, I finally got my order in with AT&T at 3 am. Got the confirmation email, went to bed, got a lovely 2 hours of sleep before I had to get up at 5.

Got to work to find an email from AT&T saying they can't validate my credit card number, despite the fact that I very very very carefully entered it when placing my order. Not sure the site would have even let me submit the order if the credit card number had been wrong. Now I'm stuck on hold with AT&T, listening to their terrible, repetitive jazz and the occasional recorded voice telling me how much they appreciate my business and to please continue to hold.

Man this is a pain in the ***.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Finally got through and was told that their system is having a problem with orders placed using Visa credit cards. Apparently several orders placed via Visas are not going through. I asked the woman if AT&T was letting people know about this, since this is kind of a huge day for phone ordering, etc. She said they just found out about it, which to me pretty much means they have no intention of letting people know. So I guess spread the word: If you're ordering from AT&T, don't use a Visa, or their system may refuse to place your order, whether you get the email or not.

The best part is that when attempting to change my credit card to a different (non visa) card, the woman came on the line to verify my address and said her system saying the address isn't correct. So I guess I've been living at the incorrect address all these years and no one told me.

Gotta say, this whole experience has been extremely unpleasant.

I sure hope this phone is worth the hassle.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
white 16gig iphone4S ATT wooo!! Now how would I go about combining my first line, plus the new line I just made into a family plan on ATT?

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Okay well they couldn't change my credit card, which means all they can do is resubmit the order and hope that somehow, it goes through this time. If not, I go to the back of the line with everyone else who attempts to get a phone when it's released. All because AT&T couldn't accept Visa cards and they didn't bother to mention this fact on their site, so I could have used a different card. AT&T of course tried to blame Visa for the system error, but the bottom line is, there's a pretty decent chance that I'm not getting the phone I stayed up until 3 am to order.

Just thought I'd make folks aware about this, if they don't know already. Don't use a Visa card when ordering your phone.

I tried to send a tip to TIPB about this so they could warn people, but their contact page works about as well as AT&T's ordering system. So please, spread the word. Don't use Visa if you want your phone. At least if you want it sometime before 2012.

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
32GB black AT&T model, got up and ordered right away around 4:15am CST through Apple store. Went to bed around 2:30 when the Apple store still wasn't up. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

lisacosgrove

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 4s

iPhone 4S pre-orders start tonight at 12:01am PDT / 3:01am EDT in the US. If you pre-order, let us know which iPhone 4S color, capacity, and network you ordered, and let's keep track of any shipment info and confirmations right here!
Ordered mine by reservation in white on ATT network but then got an email shortly after to complete the order.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
new phone ordered

I ordered my white 16gb on VZ site just after midnight and no issues at all...........expected delivery date is Oct.14.

mech1164

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Just checked eligibility. Not good until 4-1-12. Have to wait, now bummed out. Only solace iPhone5 with LTE be out by then hope hope.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01