Official iOS 11 after having beta?

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if I install iOS 11 beta, will I be able to upgrade to the official one when released? Will I have to downgrade to 10.3 before I get the official release? Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The GM will likely be released to developers (and possibly those on the public beta) the day of the September 12th event. You won’t have to do much except download and install it just like any other iOS update. If you no longer wish to participate in the beta program after that you can delete the beta profile.

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have installed the beta now on my 5s. Very impressed with the speed, animations, and new control centre. I didn’t like the one on 10. The ui has some elements of Windows phone with larger text which I like. The multitasking is better with no home screen in the way and better handling when no other apps are open. A great update.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have installed the beta now on my 5s. Very impressed with the speed, animations, and new control centre. I didn’t like the one on 10. The ui has some elements of Windows phone with larger text which I like. The multitasking is better with no home screen in the way and better handling when no other apps are open. A great update.

We actually have ongoing discussions about the latest iOS betas in our iOS 11 subforum. Check them out here:
https://forums.imore.com/ios-11/

russell664

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
That is good to know that you can upgrade to the GM directly from the beta. I have just got an iPhone 7 plus, matte black and love it! The last iOS I tried was 4 - ages ago!
Thinking about putting the beta on my phone, from experience, is it pretty stable?

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
That is good to know that you can upgrade to the GM directly from the beta. I have just got an iPhone 7 plus, matte black and love it! The last iOS I tried was 4 - ages ago!
Thinking about putting the beta on my phone, from experience, is it pretty stable?

So far it is rock solid on my 5s. I have a bit more battery drain which I expect will be fixed in the final release.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It’s been stable on my iPhone 7 Plus.
We’re only 1-2 weeks away from Golden Master.

russell664

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I reckon I'll wait it out, the announcement is on the 12th of September right? I would of thought the roll out would be the Friday after at the latest.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I reckon I'll wait it out, the announcement is on the 12th of September right? I would of thought the roll out would be the Friday after at the latest.

If history repeats itself we’ll see an announcement on the 12th (which is already confirmed) followed by preordering starting that Friday, 9/15 and a release date of Friday, 9/22.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If history repeats itself we’ll see an announcement on the 12th (which is already confirmed) followed by preordering starting that Friday, 9/15 and a release date of Friday, 9/22.

Does this mean that to the ones that pre-ordered, they’ll be getting their iPhone delivered on 9/22?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does this mean that to the ones that pre-ordered, they’ll be getting their iPhone delivered on 9/22?

My 6s Plus was delivered release day. It was late at 6:00 pm, which didn't make me happy, as I watched here as others got theirs earlier. I had words with the FedEx driver.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My 6s Plus was delivered release day. It was late at 6:00 pm, which didn't make me happy, as I watched here as others got theirs earlier. I had words with the FedEx driver.

Oh cool! I thought that it’ll take a week from the release date for it to be delivered.

6PM isn’t too bad, at least you still received it on the release day

russell664

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Oh cool! I thought that it’ll take a week from the release date for it to be delivered.

6PM isn’t too bad, at least you still received it on the release day

That's it! Never got a phone on release day, I think I'll wait until the 8s at least as I have only just got my iPhone 7 plus!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966