Official iMore for iPhone app feedback thread

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum. Its glad to see such a great info posted here. So many things i came to know new by this forum.

Welcome to iMore and thank you for choosing to be a part of this community. Feel free to ask questions, offer assistance as well as share your thoughts and opinions so dive in to any thread that interests you. Also, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Again, welcome to iMore and enjoy yourself. :)

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed the past few days that whenever I get an iMore Forums notification (someone quotes my post for example), the forums app will notify me of the same event numerous times. This continues happens after uninstalling and re-installing the app, and after a reboot (and turning off/on notification center).

Other than that, no complaints about either the iMore or the Forums app. Great work guys!

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Great job on the update! Luv the new icon.

Some questions please. Can we edit our own comments in version 3? Not really sure if I just don't know how or it's not yet available. Also, sometimes when I go to a different app and then go back to iMore, I get directed to the main page for 'News'. Is that normal? Another thing, I noticed was that after I logged in using 'Account', the next thing I saw was a desktop-like webpage of iMore. Is it really supposed to work like that?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using the iMore Forums app version 2.4.14 on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, and although I have notifications set to alert me in regard to PMs, quoted posts, etcetera, the notifications are not coming through. I've even made sure that that things were set accordingly in the Notifications Center. Are any of you getting iMore forum notifications on your iPhone?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385182428.727111.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385182442.811390.jpg

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Great app. I love the new design and gestures. But yes I had the same problem with the app. It got fixed when I reinstalled the app. I am happy to hear you guys are working to fix the problem. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385776557.676578.jpg

Thanks guys!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I did that and it works like a charm now for a few days. I've also noticed the news message about this issue on the iMore website a few days ago.

Often bugs like this are problems with local file or db corrupted or incompatible with an update. Uninstalling removes local files too so you start fresh. It's easy for a dev to not test for this or realize they've created the situation for a subset of users. Fortunately nothing critical is stored locally in the app. Totally guessing here of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when the iMore Forums app will be updated for iOS 7? I'm just camping out on Tapatalk until then since there were issues with the app giving notifications and then the notifications didn't show up in notification center. It also gave false notifications about something posted a week ago.

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
App Failed for CES coverage week.. Constant error loading, It finally loaded right today... Just FYI, Nothing negative to say, Just bummed I had to go to Cnet for info

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien