Notification center only, no alerts

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
ehy9a3et.jpg

So I want to only see notifications in the notification center, no lock screen, no banner, no sound and no badge, as per the screenshot. However, the only way this happens is by setting an alert style.

Has anyone tried this configuration successfully?

The annoying part about setting banners is, when you unlock your phone, you receive every alert, back to back.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a few apps setup like you're describing but with banners turned on. My banners don't show across the top of my screen when I unlock the phone. My alerts just show up in NC. If I'm using the phone then the banners show. I'm also not aware that you can do what you're asking without being jailbroken

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a few apps configured like that and the notifications do appear in my notification center just fine and I have my alert style set to none for those apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you receive every alert back to back specifically if there is no 'banner', 'alert' or 'sound' set up?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
How do you receive every alert back to back specifically if there is no 'banner', 'alert' or 'sound' set up?

When I do not have an alert style set, I receive no notification at all. When I set it to banner, I receive them all when I unlock my device. It happens on iPhone and iPad.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your device?

Rebooting does not solve the issue. I think it's a bug, I'm not sure how this is working for you when I've tried this configuration on multiple devices. Most recently when setting up my iPhone 5s as new after a restore trying to solve this issue.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
When I do not have an alert style set, I receive no notification at all. When I set it to banner, I receive them all when I unlock my device. It happens on iPhone and iPad.

Yeah that all notifications when I unlike my phone if I have banners on but Lockscreen off is quite annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that's a bug. That's how iOS is. Since you set it to banner it shows you basically the missed notifications that it couldn't show you on your lock screen. With it set to no type of alert and just notification center they should just sit in there without alerting you. This is normal.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that's a bug. That's how iOS is. Since you set it to banner it shows you basically the missed notifications that it couldn't show you on your lock screen. With it set to no type of alert and just notification center they should just sit in there without alerting you. This is normal.

That's the problem, they never show up in her notification center. I want some notifications to show in notification center only. Currently iOS doesn't allow for this. So either it's a bug or a poorly implemented feature.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem, they never show up in her notification center. I want some notifications to show in notification center only. Currently iOS doesn't allow for this. So either it's a bug or a poorly implemented feature.

Hmm, maybe that is a small bug. That's oddly weird. Maybe you should take it to a nearby apple store & see what they suggest?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77